24th Sep : JB Day Trip - Jalan/Makan/Shot Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. valance75 (no transport) (Larkin)
2. moodyvamp (no transport) (Larkin)
3. sinned79 (no transport) (Larkin)
4. Van Faniel (no transport) (Larkin)

--------- Stop at 6 ----------

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact

1.AbsolutKev (can pick up 4 from larkin unless someone loan me an mpv, hehe)

U guys from sg cn share contact n travel in together. Meet up at kranji mrt will b a gd idea. C u guys!

5. Fireemblem (no transport) (Larkin)

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact

Last edited:
Please don’t get me wrong wong_se. Sorry to hijack your thread. You did ask for some suggestions. I hope it is not too late. Is it possible to move the date earlier by a week to 17th September? So that we don’t clash with the F1 which I’m sure lots of you photo folks like to attend. Can take it even as practice run for the F1 by photographing Malaysian Lewis Hamiltons in their Protons. See how Protons maneuver with no signals like F1 cars.
Not sure can find mpv with insurance for AbsolutKev If he drive like Lewis.

There are many scenic spots in JB, especially along the Johor Straits. You can photograph Singapore from across the straits for a different prospective. No need to venture too far out of the checkpoint for first get to know you meeting. All within a two to three mile radius and within a half hour drive.

Zon waterfront at Stulang Laut, colonial buildings in town centre, Danga Bay and not too bad for sunset and makan in the evening at Senibong. Sorry have to make it 30 SGD not RM 30 like wong_se suggest if you like to makan sea food.

Later for the more adventurous and further a field, hours ++ drive, Kota Tinggi, Mersing, Desaru etc.

Please don’t get me wrong wong_se. Sorry to hijack your thread. You did ask for some suggestions. I hope it is not too late. Is it possible to move the date earlier by a week to 17th September? So that we don’t clash with the F1 which I’m sure lots of you photo folks like to attend. Can take it even as practice run for the F1 by photographing Malaysian Lewis Hamiltons in their Protons. See how Protons maneuver with no signals like F1 cars.
Not sure can find mpv with insurance for AbsolutKev If he drive like Lewis.

There are many scenic spots in JB, especially along the Johor Straits. You can photograph Singapore from across the straits for a different prospective. No need to venture too far out of the checkpoint for first get to know you meeting. All within a two to three mile radius and within a half hour drive.

Zon waterfront at Stulang Laut, colonial buildings in town centre, Danga Bay and not too bad for sunset and makan in the evening at Senibong. Sorry have to make it 30 SGD not RM 30 like wong_se suggest if you like to makan sea food.

Later for the more adventurous and further a field, hours ++ drive, Kota Tinggi, Mersing, Desaru etc.

Thanks for your suggestion, especially suggestion on itinerary. there are many sites in JB, not possible to list down everything here and that could fit everyone's interest.
will discuss during the breakfast session, make adjustment along the way.

How much to bring , I think we should have an idea of depend on his preference. if someone want to go back before dinner, then he would skip dinner. or some may be vegetarian or prefer a RM5 noodle rather than seafood. if the group want to makan good seafood, I dun think he/she would bring only RM30 hopefully to cover, breakfast/lunch/seafood dinner.

Date - I would say it stays as it is. Changing to another date because of F1 does not make sense to me, because we already have a pool of 5 kaki registered.

Hopefully there could be more trip after this, especially extend out from JB.

David, if i drive like lewis i ll b in f1. I ll buy u guys a bus jus to come in.
Wong_se, u ll b driving too right? We ll split evenly.

I guess the number of ppl for this trip is jus nice, for a start. We can host bigger group once we have more experience. But once again cheers to wong_se for tHe initiative.

David, if i drive like lewis i ll b in f1. I ll buy u guys a bus jus to come in.
Wong_se, u ll b driving too right? We ll split evenly.

yup. while you are Lewis Hamilton, I am Stephane Peterhansel on that day.

6. kayel79 (no transpot) (Larkin)

We would alter the itinerary since all members coming up to JB would be meeting at Larkin.
Will update later.

Confirmed List

Waiting list

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact ;

Kind Soul
1. AbsolutKev (can pick up 4 from larkin unless someone loan me an mpv, hehe)

Confirmed List

Waiting list
7. Mesimply (no transport) (Larkin)

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact ;

Kind Soul

Confirmed List

Waiting list
8. Niaoniao36 (no transport) (Larkin)

Kind Soul

Last edited:
Thanks for all the interest. It is likely that there are 2 cars here for transport on that day, that can accommodate 8 passengers all together.
Waiting List No.7 Mesimply and No.8 Niaoniao36 should be able to make it to the group.

Stay tune, will update on the week 19th Sep.

Looking forward to it...! Yahoo!!!

U guys frm sg plan to come in together?

Thanks... look forward to it.

Can I still join in?

put yourself to waiting list.

Confirmed List

Waiting list
9. Batthousai (transport)

Kind Soul

Waiting list
9. Batthousai (transport)

Kind Soul

Hi Batthousai,

Are you driving in ? From SG ? Would you be able to join the "Kind Soul" and help us to get some kakis from SG to Larkin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.