2009 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA - 13 Sept 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
L. Badoer did not get the chance to drive in the track which he knows best! Was hoping that he will be given one more chance...

bro, knows best doesn't guarantee best performance.

At least you are that much more comfortable lo... as compared to tracks which you are not familiar. Need to remember apex, braking points, etc...

For F1 drivers, braking points should come naturally. I think Badoer's problem was applying the throttle properly as there is no traction control system. This explains why he is slow when they did those line comparisons, i.e. he did not put the power down early enough.

That's definitely a dream come true for many: An Italian driving a Ferarri in Monza.

Wonder how much did Ferarri paid Force India? I'd think Fisi's first drive in a Ferarri will only be on Friday practice, can he get accustomed to the controls?

I know, they're basically similar, being F1 cars.

well basically the cars are the same as regulated by the FIA,

but to each is own, every car has individual modifications, seats and stuff...

he'll have to try his best, and probably get used to the steering wheel (which he can do in the simulators at fiorano).

hope fisi does well!

Wonder how much did Ferarri paid Force India?

apparently it's no-money deal...

don't believe it though,

few days ago mallya was so protective of this,

and today he is suddenly so generous in his statement...

mallya is a very strict person, esp with money...

i bet ferrari paid a fair sum.

Actually there's a good reason Ferrari doesn't get an Italian driver permanently. The pressure on an Italian driver driving for the Italian marque would be far too immense, given the fact how emotional/melodramatic Italians can be... both the driver, the fans, and the press... it can be vicious.

BUT, luck is on Fisi's side. Thanks to the horrendous performance of Luca Badoer, he'll be more likely to be benchmarked against how much improvement he brings compared to Luca, instead of how far off he is from Kimi, at least for Monza.

So as long as Fisi qualifies midfield, not more than 2 rows away from Kimi, he'll be fine. BUT, if it's the back row, then his dream debut could very quickly turn into a walking nightmare.

We'll see. Forza Kimi, Forza Fisi!!! Ooohh, they rhyme too! :bsmilie:

I think for sure Fisi will be faster and perform better than that Luca guy. Luca guy have not race for 10 years while Fisi had been racing for many years.

If he can control his emotions and maintain a cool head, he might even be faster.

apparently it's no-money deal...

don't believe it though,

few days ago mallya was so protective of this,

and today he is suddenly so generous in his statement...

mallya is a very strict person, esp with money...

i bet ferrari paid a fair sum.

I read today's ST and it only said no money have been discussed. They let Ferrari have the driver 1st then will thrash out the finer details at a later date. Force India din say they will not be receiving any money.

probably Ferrari and Force India had a contra agreement... something like a barter trade, Fisi for the Ferrari engine used last year.

the Monza GP is just around the corner and you guys got nothing to talk about ah?

Hahhaaa.. Ultra quiet few days lei..

Lets talk odds
To win Race
Hamilton 4.5
Raikkonen 5.0
Vettel 5.5
Webber 8.0
Button 9.5
Barrichello 9.5
Fisichella 10.0
Alonso 20.0

The rest more than 10.0. Expect 6 secs of KERS boost to be good around Monza. Advatage to McLaren & Ferrari. Renault also using KERS

Pole Position is harder to guess since we don't know what fuel strategies they may use.
Hamilton 4.2
Raikkonen 6.0
Vettel 6.0
Webber 8.5
Button 15
Barrichello 11
Fisichella 10.0
Alonso 11

the Monza GP is just around the corner and you guys got nothing to talk about ah?

Well.. if i must say something...

1) erm... Renualt is bringing back the KERS for Monza!!! http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/9/9880.html So, it will be interesting to see Alonso drives with that KERS, provided they dont mess up with his front wheels again this time round...

2) Massa said he wishes to be back for his home ground GP, Brazilian GP.... http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9879.html
so, if he is back (even if it is the next season).. what will be the combi for Ferrari? Massa + Kimi? Massa + Fisichella? Fisichella + Kimi? I would think that Fisichella will be relegated to test driver for Ferrari... But then, what if he performs better than Kimi for the rest of the season this year?

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious for 2010? Its a Alonso + Massa pairing with Fisichella as reserve driver. Fisichella will only replace Massa if he is not fit for first few races.

That's the talk all over the paddock at Monza is they are going to announce the Banco Santander & Ferrari deal. McLaren's deal with Santander ends 2010.

Last edited:
renault and KERS never had a good outing. so far, only mclaren and Ferrari have successfully implemented it.

i am seriously looking forward to see how Fisi is going to perform in a Ferrari. he better not lau-khui ah...

santander has alr ended their deal with isport intl in GP2 due to not winning,

and santander has sponsored mclaren for quite a long time alr (3 years right?)

so maybe it's time to sponsor ferrari:)

santander has alr ended their deal with isport intl in GP2 due to not winning,

and santander has sponsored mclaren for quite a long time alr (3 years right?)

so maybe it's time to sponsor ferrari:)

It's official. Santander has just signed a 5 year deal with Ferrari. :thumbsup:

Santander Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.