1st Time in BKK/ Carrying Equipment

hi dude, i am going to bkk \next month too for a course, i will have a first day free for me to roam, where is the good place for me to take the nice scenic photos?

Depends what you want to take.
Floating market? If go there, and return to Bangkok town, about half day already pass.
Grand palace?
Menam Chao Phraya?
Night market along Silom road?

BKK is generally safe but well, if you don't really feel safe, may be just bring one body and your lenses... you'll already know what you're gonna shoot before you start moving so you can fix your lens on your body prior to that.

Might save you the trouble of having to constantly think about the 2 camera bodies you're carrying..

My $0.02.. Enjoy your trip!! :)

Err on the side of caution.
No matter how safe a place people tell you, "things that could happen,will happen". Just a matter of time and chance.
Do you feel lucky?

if u care to read the thread..i am back ..my pics are all up on my flickr..i carried 2 bodies and didnt regret it one bit!

nice pictures...will be going there tml...

hopefully can catch some nice pictures

i wonder tripod can be hand-carried thru the BKK custom? or spore one.. heard some countries dun allow as they may think is a "weapon" :dunno:

Dun forget to buy a travel insurance.......it covers your cam and equipments to a certain percentage.

there are entire threads dedicated to this topic...while i know this is a forum and we help each other out..but atleast look around before you ask can..

i wonder tripod can be hand-carried thru the BKK custom? or spore one.. heard some countries dun allow as they may think is a "weapon" :dunno:

Me in HongKong too, want me to help carry it?;p