16-35 mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, which store do you go to? I'm looking for some stuff as well. :)

I go to a few along Elizabeth St in the city. Body from Elizabeth Camera house, Sigma from Camera Action Camera House and 24-70L from Teds. All quoted me different prices - just picked the best one, bargained a bit more then bought it =)

wow.. fly to HK instead of SG since it is cheaper ther :bsmilie:

even less in HK?

how much is it in HK? i am getting itchy fingers now hahah

I go to a few along Elizabeth St in the city. Body from Elizabeth Camera house, Sigma from Camera Action Camera House and 24-70L from Teds. All quoted me different prices - just picked the best one, bargained a bit more then bought it =)

even less in HK?

Get a feel of HK price here... http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/... Some of the lens are not exactly very cheap compared to SG but some are good bargains :bsmilie:

even less in HK?

How much at Teds? I went to erm, can't remember the name but it's the one with the camera museum. man the prices of lens is high! hahaha. I was quoted a 2nd hand 17-35 2.8 for AUD2000.

So...any news on our friends the Song Brothers?

How much at Teds? I went to erm, can't remember the name but it's the one with the camera museum. man the prices of lens is high! hahaha. I was quoted a 2nd hand 17-35 2.8 for AUD2000.

You must have gone to Michael's. Michael's is the highest priced along that strip - I don't usually even bother asking them for a quote.

I'm not sure how much that lens will be at Teds. If u check the other 4 stores (Camera Action, Eliz Cam House, Teds, JB), they're all very competitive. JB Hi-fi will try and beat every price u throw at them (within reason) but they don't sell f2.8 L lenses.

You must have gone to Michael's. Michael's is the highest priced along that strip - I don't usually even bother asking them for a quote.

I'm not sure how much that lens will be at Teds. If u check the other 4 stores (Camera Action, Eliz Cam House, Teds, JB), they're all very competitive. JB Hi-fi will try and beat every price u throw at them (within reason) but they don't sell f2.8 L lenses.

JB sells lens? All this while I thought they are more like some electronic stores selling ipods, games, consoles CDs n dvds..........:embrass:

So...any news on our friends the Song Brothers?

guys quote me 2215 for 16-35 mk ii instead, tat guy act blur said i ask for a MK I instead. He like so despo to win CP since i told him CP quoted 2200++

judging by his desperation n service, I decided not to buy from him even thou is way below the price. Bought it from CP instead lens in great condition

What's the latest price for non grey set? OP quoted me today $2100 (grey set). If lense has problem, needs to send back to China. Is the price worth the risk?

weight it yrself a local set with 1 year warranty is only 100 or at most 200+ more, wat if after u buy grey set yr lens got accident, dan 2100 gone liao.

What's the latest price for non grey set? OP quoted me today $2100 (grey set). If lense has problem, needs to send back to China. Is the price worth the risk?

I would pay $100 more and buy from CP... unless it saves $300 or more I will risk a grey set :lovegrin:

I would pay $100 more and buy from CP... unless it saves $300 or more I will risk a grey set :lovegrin:

In fact I paid less then $100 extra to get a local warrant set. Rumours say that the China people at OP are here to make some quick bucks and they are out of this country! So be careful if they give shop warranty.....

Agree, for such an expensive item, the delta won't justify to get the grey set. If you can pay with credit card at CP, it's even better, can collect points ;)

A friend of mine just got his lense from CP and it can be paid with interest free installment using certain credit card :thumbsup:

16-35mm F2.8L USM Mark2 is the winner for "Best professional lens" for TIPA
TIPA Winners
1DM3 won the "Best professional DSLR". So the 1DM3 and 16-35 M2 combi will give you the "Best Professional setup" of the year!:thumbsup: Well done Canon!

guys quote me 2215 for 16-35 mk ii instead, tat guy act blur said i ask for a MK I instead. He like so despo to win CP since i told him CP quoted 2200++

judging by his desperation n service, I decided not to buy from him even thou is way below the price. Bought it from CP instead lens in great condition

Just felt like saying "told you so!" haha. Kidding lah.

Anyway, from the start, many CS-ers have already warned you on the business ethics and SOP of Song Brothers, and now you've experienced it first hand. So now you know. :)

personally, i havent bought a single thing from song brothers....

most of my stuffs come from CP or i buy it from hk.....

well.. so far i've no issues with CP other then the "sometimes" overcharging thou.. :bsmilie:

16-35mm F2.8L USM Mark2 is the winner for "Best professional lens" for TIPA
TIPA Winners
1DM3 won the "Best professional DSLR". So the 1DM3 and 16-35 M2 combi will give you the "Best Professional setup" of the year!:thumbsup: Well done Canon!

BBB virus has reached my heart... ouch!!! :confused:

THe virus has just turn cancerous!:angry: :sweat: :eek: How am I to resist? How about I sell my car???

You already have 16-35 mkII.. you should already be immuned :dunno: Next step - sell your 1DMkII and get a 1DMkIII... you'd have the best immune system in the whole canon world :embrass: no need to sell car mah...

I liked the camera museum at Michaels... mmmm! :D
I went there a couple of times.

Just a quick question... didn't I read that Canon lenses have international warranty? So why are we talking about "grey" versions especially of this latest great L lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.