14-24

kervin13

Jan 20, 2009
ulu pandan
hi.. i'v just sold my 24-70, and now considering the 14-24..
can anyone having this lens give me a feedbacks on how good this lens are.. images from this lens are appreciated as well.
i realize it will be more easier to google the advantages and reviews of this lens, and i have done so, while the intention of this thread is simply to ensure me and "push" me to buy this lens.. so, feedbacks are extremely welcome.. thx in advance for those who read, and willing to share their thoughts..

If you are thinking of buying it and have the means, just buy it. The is by far, the best UWA zoom I had used. Corners are well resolved even at wide open, which is rare for UWAs. Even when it costs around $2700+, its still relatively value for money considering that the 14mm f/2.8 is only slightly cheaper and the performance you get. Its really a UWA which doesn't disappoint and instead, exceeds expectations.

Its hefty and weighty though and a filter system can be expensive. Barrel distortion is quite visible but that can be easily fixed in Capture NX or other sofeware. Typically, a +15% to 20% will take care of it.

I use it mainly for architectural, interior, urbanscape works.

3976608122_0cd3f75444_b.jpg

4313281851_ff709caec1_b.jpg

4233128867_ca712faaaf_b.jpg

4140139067_b11049208e_b.jpg

4180385684_01a651e75b_b.jpg

Nikon 14-24 F.28 lens is a hefty lens in terms of price, weight and front bulb lens shape.

Despite its hefty weight, price and front bulb lens size, it is a lens worth its weight, prices and hassle with dealing the front bulb lens shape, especially it's ability to accentuates perspective lines in the image.

Kit has mentioned all its virtues. I urge thread starter to use Nikon CaptureNX2 (not NX) to process image captured in NEF file format when using this lens.

Below are some images captured using Nikon 14-24 F2.8 lens.

No. 1
ab3b3c0c.jpg

No. 2
4d914e74.jpg

No. 3
7cfbd871.jpg

Last edited:
i read about kenrockwell review on this great piece of lens... i think it is the best uwa in the world...

i read about kenrockwell review on this great piece of lens... i think it is the best uwa in the world...

Then again the new 16-35 with its larger zoom range, lighter weight, cheaper price and added VR plus the ability to take filters and pretty awesome sharpness makes it a good contender....

But the 14-24mm is just one that'll probably make me go: "shucks, why didn't I get it? I kinda regret it now" if I were to choose the new 16-35 over it....

Really can't make up my mind now...:sweat:

Then again the new 16-35 with its larger zoom range, lighter weight, cheaper price and added VR plus the ability to take filters and pretty awesome sharpness makes it a good contender....

But the 14-24mm is just one that'll probably make me go: "shucks, why didn't I get it? I kinda regret it now" if I were to choose the new 16-35 over it....

Really can't make up my mind now...:sweat:

i heard that the 2mm diff is alot for wide angle lens....

anyway , you need to weigh the + and - for both and think for a while and answer will be clear. unless you buy both to get the best of both worlds... haha...

i heard that the 2mm diff is alot for wide angle lens....

anyway , you need to weigh the + and - for both and think for a while and answer will be clear. unless you buy both to get the best of both worlds... haha...

The + and the - of both pretty much cancel out one another...:bsmilie: I'm guessing I'll have to give both a go and see what I'm really looking at before making the buy....

My bad for hi-jacking this thread, but I wasn't sure if this had been posted before...Its another review which I felt was pretty good for the new 16-35....The reviewer pitted it up against the older 17-35 which i felt was much better a comparison since both lenses were of similar focal lengths....

http://mansurovs.com/nikon-16-35mm-f4-vr-review

My bad for hi-jacking this thread, but I wasn't sure if this had been posted before...Its another review which I felt was pretty good for the new 16-35....The reviewer pitted it up against the older 17-35 which i felt was much better a comparison since both lenses were of similar focal lengths....

http://mansurovs.com/nikon-16-35mm-f4-vr-review

tks alot for sharing :)

great info!

If you are thinking of buying it and have the means, just buy it. The is by far, the best UWA zoom I had used. Corners are well resolved even at wide open, which is rare for UWAs. Even when it costs around $2700+, its still relatively value for money considering that the 14mm f/2.8 is only slightly cheaper and the performance you get. Its really a UWA which doesn't disappoint and instead, exceeds expectations.

Its hefty and weighty though and a filter system can be expensive. Barrel distortion is quite visible but that can be easily fixed in Capture NX or other sofeware. Typically, a +15% to 20% will take care of it.

I use it mainly for architectural, interior, urbanscape works.

4180385684_01a651e75b_b.jpg
[/CENTER]

Nice! What's the camera body used? Seems like the resolution is pretty good too!

wow.. thx for all the replies guys..
after i considered all the + and -, it seems that i'll go toward the 14-24.. haha..;)

possibly.. but if i found good deals in the b&s section during these several weeks, a good condition second hand is ok as well.. for those who own one, and willing to sell it.. u can pm me with the price offered, and condition of the lens. preferably with warranty, and box.

get it bro...best uwa by far...although i'll wondering why sell ur 24-70???

wow.. thx for all the replies guys..
after i considered all the + and -, it seems that i'll go toward the 14-24.. haha..;)

Btw, you just sold your 24-70... why did you sell it? 14-24 is quite a specialized lens. Some may find the 14mm to be challenging to use, so before you purchase this lens, tell yourself what are you going to use this lens for, etc.

Btw, you just sold your 24-70... why did you sell it? 14-24 is quite a specialized lens. Some may find the 14mm to be challenging to use, so before you purchase this lens, tell yourself what are you going to use this lens for, etc.

I think I'll spend a little and rent the 14-24 for 3 days before deciding on getting it...

Hi I'm juz wondering, I'm still new to photography n I wAnna know that can an FX lense be use on a D90? Sorry for side tracking in ur thread, coz I'm thinking of renting this lense also..;p