13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

Well, I can't comment on that, other than saying that it is their business strategy. You can try insisting on the advertised price.

From the finance point of view, as long as the discount over a local warranty set is sufficient, I don't mind a gray set.

From my experience consulting for the manufacturing sector, it is best to avoid the initial batches, or to at least get a set with a manufacturer warranty.

So here you go. If you want it cheap, there has got to be some risk involved. That is why they offer a discount over a local set - to offset the risk. Whether the discount is sufficient is your own judgment.

No hurry, wait for a few months to get it at a price better than the best offer today. Also to avoid early batch problems, if any.

Blur Shadow said:
From my experience consulting for the manufacturing sector, it is best to avoid the initial batches, or to at least get a set with a manufacturer warranty.

I guess I m one of those who bought initial batch. Have been trying to find faults with the camera the past few days....can't find any :) I will proceed to register warranty tomorrow :) my shop offers 7 days 1-1 exchange btw...

is the vertical grip mb-d14 available already?

wolfton said:
I guess I m one of those who bought initial batch. Have been trying to find faults with the camera the past few days....can't find any :) I will proceed to register warranty tomorrow :) my shop offers 7 days 1-1 exchange btw...

Great to know that.

My shop does that for me too. But still, I shall just wait out. Targeting October. Hehe!

I believe that November will be a crunch time with fathers getting a new camera before heading out for the end of year school holidays.

xtemujin said:
I believe that November will be a crunch time with fathers getting a new camera before heading out for the end of year school holidays.

Hmm... Well. If prices are still high, I can wait further. Thanks for the info!

unchecked said:
Anyone heard anything about the WU-1B unit yet?

It'll be like ultimate foreveralone addon. I can vision someone go to a touristy place, set up tripod, frame him/herself in front of camera, use the phone to control, and have everyone watch the person take his/her own picture.

Ya and some rascal swept in, grab the pricey camera and run off into the sunset with everyone still watching with a warm smile on their face.

Ya and some rascal swept in, grab the pricey camera and run off into the sunset with everyone still watching with a warm smile on their face.

Mental note to self... start training..

Pple may think u only carrying a D7000 only leh... size the same

D800 is easier to spot.... :bsmilie:

size ain't matter ... ;)

DM101 said:

If that's a concern, then probably D800 also not suitable....too small already. You need a D4 :p

mb-d14 grip available this Fri.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DM101

D800 is easier to spot....
smile9.gif

size ain't matter ... ;)

Que sera, sera.

Got my d600 today from cathay 2,900. Marina square

plasticeye said:
Got my d600 today from cathay 2,900. Marina square

congratulations :) Cathay?