$0.20 service charge for topping up Easilink card at atms and axs stations

Maybe it's too complex to coordinate two transport operators and a payment system? Or the operators are not familiar with the topic, after all they only run trains and buses from A to B as per standard procedure. There's no mentioning about "make the ride convenient and pleasant for the commuters" :bsmilie:

Simple reason: no one - not the transport providers, not EZlink, the government, nor the commuters - willing to pay for the hardware and software modifications needs at the MRT stations and busses.

Simple reason: no one - not the transport providers, not EZlink, the government, nor the commuters - willing to pay for the hardware and software modifications needs at the MRT stations and busses.
Correct: customer satisfaction and customer service are alien to all of these companies / agencies, despite their never ending blabbering at marketing and corporate commutation channels. The only way of thinking is: How to push the costs to customers as soon as possible.
Smart companies have recognized that small investments into this area can result in big returns. What was the last smart thing we saw from the bunch involved here? :bsmilie:

What was the last smart thing we saw from the bunch involved here? :bsmilie:

Busker!

s6307188.jpg

Was thinking today that I forgot how EZLink was formed. Did a quick search, here's a refresher for others who also forgot. ;p

Owned by LTA.

EZ-Link was formed by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on January 8 2002, to manage Singapore's single largest contactless Stored Value Smart Card System that has been mainly used for payments on public buses and Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) trains since April 2002.

EZ-Link is a wholly owned subsidiary of LTA and is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Public Transport Council.

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/corporate/profile.php

Current CEO was originally a public servant seconded from LTA in 2002.

SINGAPORE, 30 SEPTEMBER 2011 – EZ-Link Pte Ltd announced today the appointment of its current Executive Director, Mr Nicholas Lee Tat Meng, to Chief Executive Officer with effect from 1 October 2011.

“The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the promotion of Nicholas Lee to Chief Executive Officer of EZ-Link Pte Ltd and on behalf of the Board and staff of EZ-Link Pte Ltd, I wish Nicholas a successful career in his appointment as CEO. We look forward to greater growth in adoption, transactions and applications under his able leadership,” said Mr Wilson Tan, Chairman, Board of Directors, EZ-Link Pte Ltd.

Mr Nicholas Lee was first seconded to EZ-Link Pte Ltd on 1 October 2002 from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as a business manager. He was officially appointed the Senior Vice President, Business & Technology, of EZ-Link on 1 September 2004.

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/corporate/news.php?id=70

Nothing is free until you are hooked onto it.

I think it is a matter of time that the banks charge you for using ATM card/machine.

$0.20 looks little but when millions and million use them...

Nothing is free until you are hooked onto it.

I think it is a matter of time that the banks charge you for using ATM card/machine.

$0.20 looks little but when millions and million use them...

From what I gather from my friends in the banking industry, ATMs are actually seen as "necessary evil". Imagine all the cost and overheads involved with no fees collected? So they program it to do more other things like buy insurance, IPOs etc. But with the convenience and security of Internet banking, that too is becoming less necessary. Banks just still do ATMs because they need other banks are doing it so they need to keep up. Otherwise, the money is in getting clients to borrow, invest and play their money - merely safe-keeping clients money earns them little.

From what I gather from my friends in the banking industry, ATMs are actually seen as "necessary evil". Imagine all the cost and overheads involved with no fees collected? So they program it to do more other things like buy insurance, IPOs etc. But with the convenience and security of Internet banking, that too is becoming less necessary. Banks just still do ATMs because they need other banks are doing it so they need to keep up. Otherwise, the money is in getting clients to borrow, invest and play their money - merely safe-keeping clients money earns them little.

ATMs are totally necessary, though I don't agree its an evil.

Imagine no ATMs, back to the old days, how do customer withdraw money? Go personally to bank banch? So there will be a long q in the branch. Its not good for banks in long term. Manpower not enough to cope with the q.

The bank rather push these money withrawal customers to ATMs, so that the only customers walking into the banks are for investments, account opening, loan borrow, which brings more $$ to the bank.

From what I gather from my friends in the banking industry, ATMs are actually seen as "necessary evil". Imagine all the cost and overheads involved with no fees collected?

Interesting... I always thought they helped banks cut costs. E.g., Aren't operating ATMs way cheaper than having customers perform simple transactions (like cash withdrawal) over the counter. Imagine the number of branches they'd need to maintain and operate, and staff they'd need to hire, if there weren't ATMs.

Interesting... I always thought they helped banks cut costs. E.g., Aren't operating ATMs way cheaper than having customers perform simple transactions (like cash withdrawal) over the counter. Imagine the number of branches they'd need to maintain and operate, and staff they'd need to hire, if there weren't ATMs.

Yeah.. people in the finance industry already making boatloads of $$ and still want more..

cant imagine so much whining over 20 cents ..... people also have to pay for the machine and pay rental leh
go 7-11 or petrol station and pay 50cents lor
or just do it at MRT Stations and Bus Terminal free