Zi Yi - Winter Season

cordonbleu

Oct 19, 2009
Beijing
just did a shoot last Sunday. Quite freezing outside..
its quite hard to held 70-200mm lens in the winter and strong wind..
Model: 子毅 (ZiYi)
C&C please, thanks..

edited1.jpg

edited2.jpg

edited3.jpg

edited6.jpg

edited4.jpg

Have more variations in the poses. You have a good looking model to work with.

basically to showcase a pretty face?
i didn't feel the winter in the scene since it's too little of the background. can be spring too.
how about some snow?

#1 works best, maybe more space on the left by stepping back a bit.

i will really agree with kel77, to me, if there are 5 pictures with the same basic pose (i.e. fist propping up face), i would only put up one.

Are there lenses in the spectacle frame? Or is my eyesight failing me?

i will really agree with kel77, to me, if there are 5 pictures with the same basic pose (i.e. fist propping up face), i would only put up one.

Maybe she is trying to hide this huge zit on the lower left side of her jaw. :D

i love #1-3, nice work :)

pic 1. gets my vote...:thumbsup:

but sry to say the others are just average, and all are similar shoots...the advantage is the model have pretty face...

#1 - looks like details of the inner part of the black hood were lost - perhaps due to post processing?

It would be nice to try to rotate the picture a little bit in the clockwise direction to level the picket fences in the background.

In the same picture (#1), there is bright spot on the left-hand side of Zi Yi's hood. Dust spot on sensor perhaps?

Have more variations in the poses. You have a good looking model to work with.

pic 1. gets my vote...:thumbsup:

but sry to say the others are just average, and all are similar shoots...the advantage is the model have pretty face...

thanks for Your C&C, really apreciate it. actually there are some other photos, but because I dont think most of that good enough so I just put that 5 picts. need to learn more about directing the model. :)

basically to showcase a pretty face?
i didn't feel the winter in the scene since it's too little of the background. can be spring too.
how about some snow?
thanks for your C&C. I just upload the headshoot picts because other picts aren't so good.
Beijing was snowing 1 or 2 days before I took this picts, and maybe because 5 of them are headshoot picts + f/2.8 so it became like that (you couldn't see the background). sorry for that.:)
this is the location photo:
location.jpg

Last edited:
Are there lenses in the spectacle frame? Or is my eyesight failing me?

Maybe she is trying to hide this huge zit on the lower left side of her jaw. :D

Nope,this is the latest fashion @ China..;)

That is so "fake"..... At least get a pair with glasses with no correction.

thanks for your C&C. yep, thats only the frame :)

#1 - looks like details of the inner part of the black hood were lost - perhaps due to post processing?

It would be nice to try to rotate the picture a little bit in the clockwise direction to level the picket fences in the background.

In the same picture (#1), there is bright spot on the left-hand side of Zi Yi's hood. Dust spot on sensor perhaps?

thanks for your C&C. for the hood, it is because I change the levels from DPP..
I'll try it, thanks for your input. the bright spot is a snow, it wasn't snowing on that time but it was snowing 1-2 days before I took this picts :)