ZFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcher said:
And look at why they said no EF-mount: patent issues => Canon don't want them to make it.
Hmmm.... Is Canon afraid Canon user will buy Carl Zeiss lenses than Canon lenses if Carl Zeiss have EF-mount? Is Quality of Carl Zeiss' glass make Canon afraid :bsmilie: ?

NO FLAME PLEASE......

Regards,
Arto.

Seen a magazine review on the the 50/1.4 and the 85/1.4 compared to the Nikkor Ais lenses.

Seems to be marginally better in terms of sharpness. Contrast and Colors hard to tell from the magazine.

Artosoft said:
Hmmm.... Is Canon afraid Canon user will buy Carl Zeiss lenses than Canon lenses if Carl Zeiss have EF-mount? Is Quality of Carl Zeiss' glass make Canon afraid :bsmilie: ?

NO FLAME PLEASE......

Regards,
Arto.

nice. :thumbsup:

Artosoft said:

NO FLAME PLEASE......

Regards,
Arto.
Of course! Using patents as a defensive mechanism is very common nowadays to prevent competitors from coming in. Someone (Szekiat?) mentioned that it will expire in a few years. Yes, it will expire in 20 years (should be 2008 from my estimation) but in the mean time, it is buying time for Canon to sell more of their lenses. Even if the patent expires, Canon not help CZ will delay CZ from coming out with EF-mount lenses even more as they have to reverse engineer it.

espn said:
Woooo it's not. Just do it, come on Som, you know you want it :devil:

Hehe... S$1k for a manual 50/1.4 is pricey. Although, being able to resolve 320 lp/mm on film is pretty impressive.

gooseberry said:
Hehe... S$1k for a manual 50/1.4 is pricey. Although, being able to resolve 320 lp/mm on film is pretty impressive.
Come on... you know it. ;) wonder will it resolve just as good on DSLRs. :think:

TMC said:
Walao.. Crap lens!! No way I'm paying $1k for it!! The Nikon 50/1.2 is half a stop faster and has much nicer bokeh and contrast than the pictures in the link. But the colours are sure very pleasant.

S$1k++... wow, it even comes with an inspection certificate!

manual focus... its not chipped, right? meaning u get no metering with the likes of D70, S2, D100?

the report said that it reaches its ultimate sharpness from f2.8 onwards.
its a'lil soft at f1.4 and it is good at f2.

the colors are due to the fact that some fotos are shot with Fuji RVP100 on an F80.
the colors are not much to scream at(maybe its not an S2 or S3? hehe) if u look through the before edit and after edit.
i think i've seen better bokeh.

much more keen on the 85mm f1.4.

Cheesecake said:
S$1k++... wow, it even comes with an inspection certificate!

manual focus... its not chipped, right? meaning u get no metering with the likes of D70, S2, D100?

the report said that it reaches its ultimate sharpness from f2.8 onwards.
its a'lil soft at f1.4 and it is good at f2.

the colors are due to the fact that some fotos are shot with Fuji RVP100 on an F80.
the colors are not much to scream at(maybe its not an S2 or S3? hehe) if u look through the before edit and after edit.
i think i've seen better bokeh.

much more keen on the 85mm f1.4.
Yeah.. European lenses comes with inspection certs. Angenieux even comes sealed in an air tight bag sealed with nitrogen (or was it some inert gas?) inside.

No, the lens is not chipped. One thing I cannot understand is why FA/FM3a doesn't need a chipped lens for P A S M and the newer cameras need. On the D2X and D200, you even need to input the focal length. If these information is for the D-TTL or iTTL flash, then I'd rather not have the flash fuctionality.

The bokeh seems comparable or only slightly better to that of the 18-200VR. Not impressive at all. From the crop of the flower, (f/2 isn't it?) I think the Nikon 50/1.2 and 50/1.4 can beat the sharpness without any problem!

Bottomline, if anyone needing a 50mm, it may suffice getting the Nikon AF50/1.4 unless it's a 'want' thing. ;)

Cheesecake said:
the photo at f1.4 to me, is acceptable.

but S$1k+.... hmmm :think:
Yeah.. $1k for just 'acceptable'..... If you notice the flowers in the background, not adequately blurred. Seems like the coma is corrected to blur foreground.

where did you get 1k+? That guy got it from JP at 46k yen. But I think he got chopped real badly. I remembered that lens should be closer to 500 there abouts .

TMC said:
where did you get 1k+? That guy got it from JP at 46k yen. But I think he got chopped real badly. I remembered that lens should be closer to 500 there abouts .

Thought it was quoted at 499 Euros?

Status
Not open for further replies.