Your FAVORITE Nikon Film SLR and why?

In the late 90s/ early 2000s, read that some companies are developing digital sensors for SLRs, to fit into the film cavity, and also digital backing, I was really enthusiastic about it. But after awhile, the heat seemed to have died down and did not notice anyone with significant interest in improving that few initial startups.......... Poof! there goes my dream of a DF3HP.....;(

I would have called it F3D, afterall if it happens it's digital guts are grafted. Mine would be FE2D.

Hi people :)

The last few posts may have diverted from the original intention, but lets keep this thread going shall we :)

Now....what did you say your favorite Nikon SLR film camera was? ;)

Is the H1 focusing screen the same as U red dot? Am thinking of buying it.
Thanks.

Get the H1 focusing screen for the F3 :), your viewpoint is clear and since the whole thing is a microprism so you can focus anywhere in the screen quite precisely..:thumbsup:

QUOTE=azzurri
The downsides for me is that the K screen could be a bit brighter ...

F5 and F100

I like autofocus, works better and faster than my eyes at f/1.4

The older manual focus models are great too but the whole point for small format is speed, so if I wanna manual focus and manual everything i move up to medium format with bigger view finders.

So the F5 and F100 for me.

Is the H1 focusing screen the same as U red dot? Am thinking of buying it.
Thanks.

nope. the h1 and u and two different screens

F3HP = Buttery smooth crank, good to have WLFinder, Aperture Priority, excellent built.
F100= Super quick, excellent viewfinder, external grip, long battery life, excellent built.

Best of all, they both can use AIS lens and AF lens. The F100 can even take AFS G lens! Way to go Nikon!

Fm2n. Mine is in sexy black and has the titanium shutter:D love the full manual operability and more than decent specs

I love the way a manual camera being able to move up / down several stops of the shutter speed or aperture with a quick twist between 2 fingers at a only fraction of a second.... with the AFs and DSLR, having to half depress the shutter button, before clicking step by step up/down is really far too slow and a pain!

My favourite Nikon has to be either the F3 or the F100 or both. Relatively compact, sturdy, joy to use. I still have my first Nikon, a Nikkormat FTn bought after my Sec 4. Favourite lenses are the 20mm f2.8 AiS, 180 f2.8ED, 80-200 AFS.

I'm looking for a good condition FM2 currently.. If you have one to let go, pls kindly PM me.. :)

Mine has got to be the F-601m. You get good autoexposure(full PSAM), including Matrix metering with the latest lenses, but you get a nice manual focus traditional viewfinder (w/split image and microprism) for manual focusing. This has got to be the oddest camera Nikon ever produced, but I'm glad they did it. My only complain is the film advance motor is a bit slow and noisy.

Film photography is still alive..

I use a simple FM10 which I got for 40 dollars... Good camera to experiment with and enjoy....

ronniegogs said:
I use a simple FM10 which I got for 40 dollars... Good camera to experiment with and enjoy....

May i ask wat lens do u pair ur FM10 with?

wenbin0215 said:
I'm looking for a good condition FM2 currently.. If you have one to let go, pls kindly PM me.. :)

I got a Nikon FE in very good condition, interested?