YOG Preview, Opening and Closing Ceremonies

if photos are kept for personal collection, would they accept us to shoot during the event?

Hi Guys,

anyone of you aware of what time will the fireworks will start???

hi, hear from my friend that tmr going to have a rehearsal for yog,
but from pub announcement didnt mention about this date will have firework,
so does it mean they are going to do the rehearsal w/o firework?

Hey,

Anyone knows the time of the YOG Opening and Closing Ceremonies? :D

What's CR5? Sorry for the noob question.

Definitely can.But don't bring such a big bag:)

Combined Rehearsal 5

I walked in with a 1Ds2 + 24-70 f2.8 + 70-200 f2.8 + 580ex

my bag was checked but no one say anything

very few pple shot with DSLR thou...mostly with P&S

BTW, NOT WORTH shooting fireworks for YOG...esp for rehersal....the fireworks was boring.

this is what is being stated in the T&C of the YOG site

As a condition for entry to a Venue, each Ticket Holder grants perpetual permission to the IOC and SYOGOC and authorised third parties, without requirement of payment of any form, to use photographs, film, tape or other images of such Ticket Holder incidental to any live or recorded video display or transmission or reproduction in whole or part of the Event or Session which he attends.Each Ticket Holder agrees that images, videos and sound recordings of the Singapore 2010 Games obtained by such Ticket Holder with personal mobile phones, cameras, video and audio devices or other means will not be used for broadcast, publication, or any other commercial purposes under any circumstances, whether on the internet or otherwise.

so should be able to bring dslr inside

Of course can bring! Brought my D90+18-200vr to shoot.

Before entering the audience seats, there will be bag screening in some white tentages. You'll open your bag for them to see what is inside: my D90 was right smack in the middle of the bag and nothing was said except "Thank you".

Up at the spectator's stands, once I walked in I saw a group of 3 photographers with monopods and 70-200s, already shooting away... so I'm very sure dslr photography is allowed. Just be nice and don't block the other audiences :)

Firework starts at 10.10pm tonite? :dunno:

this is what is being stated in the T&C of the YOG site

As a condition for entry to a Venue, each Ticket Holder grants perpetual permission to the IOC and SYOGOC and authorised third parties, without requirement of payment of any form, to use photographs, film, tape or other images of such Ticket Holder incidental to any live or recorded video display or transmission or reproduction in whole or part of the Event or Session which he attends.Each Ticket Holder agrees that images, videos and sound recordings of the Singapore 2010 Games obtained by such Ticket Holder with personal mobile phones, cameras, video and audio devices or other means will not be used for broadcast, publication, or any other commercial purposes under any circumstances, whether on the internet or otherwise.

so should be able to bring dslr inside
Confirm one can bring DSLRs and your 70-200. Just back from Yog op ceremony and many were using DSLR and 200 mm