YN trigger can't work on my Canon

Garfieldhellokitty

Jan 27, 2019
Dear Bro & Sis,

I had read up YouTube and tutorials but my trigger just can't work on my Canon 80D.

Canon 80D
2 x Yongnuo RF603C II
Flash Canon 430RX II

1) Set both triggers to same frequency, in my case only number 3 is pushed up

2) Set to TRX

2) Ensure my Flash is in manual mode

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-235241_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-235241_Gallery.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi, I think your trx setting is the "problem" as you will be using it as wired/wireless control but with the appropriate cable attached to camera. Please read the printed manual or download from Yongnuo.

It's very simple to use rf603c ii as dumb wireless trigger. The description of the pair of triggers is called transceivers which mean each can function as trigger or reciever. In order to use and test , one unit must be the trigger/transmitter (usually the unit mounted on camera hotshoe ). Or sometimes called master controller. Now this must be set to TX ( transmitter ). There will be a green light that will flash for 2 seconds as confirmation. Similarly the unit on the flash should be set to TRX ( transmitter/reciever automatically set ).

To operate or test you can half press the button on the unit and it will awaken the flash with a green light and full press to fire flash with red light. Of course you can test via the camera shutter button similarly. You can hold the flash if you do not have a light stand or just put it somewhere like on a table to test if the 2 units are properly set and working.
Of course your canon 430ex ii must be set to manual control. This is a good way to learn to use off camera flash and exposure. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials like using flash to balance ambient light or fill flash etc.

Edit: PS your maximum sync speed for 80D is 1/250 second.

Last edited: