Yet another moon shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning

Sep 2, 2004
Punggol
victor.shutterbug.sg
The Moon....on the 16th Day of the Lunar Calendar...anyone still eating the moon cake?

Take one with AWB
moon1.jpg

Take two with WB:Sunlight
moon2.jpg

ooo... nice... ;p

How did you get such crisp details? Mine always turns out a bit blur after long exposures.

nice nice! i was also v tempted to try take a few yday...the moon was awesome last night...v clear skies and it was a beautiful full moon. is this with a long lens(200 or 300+)?

gareth - so far from what i have read in the moon threads the trick is to take fast shutter speeds for the moon (guess because it is so bright and against a black sky). long exposures of the moon will not turn out right. also EV compensation is a must, recommend -1to2 at least. Maybe a tripod might help too but defi fast speeds.

Cheers guys.

I only took it at 200mm range. Did a few with 1.4x TC, but result is trash! The photos are crop, actually it was still quite small. I think the trick is to have longer lens....:bsmilie:

nice nice! i was also v tempted to try take a few yday...the moon was awesome last night...v clear skies and it was a beautiful full moon. is this with a long lens(200 or 300+)?

gareth - so far from what i have read in the moon threads the trick is to take fast shutter speeds for the moon (guess because it is so bright and against a black sky). long exposures of the moon will not turn out right. also EV compensation is a must, recommend -1to2 at least. Maybe a tripod might help too but defi fast speeds.

Cheers guys.

Yes, as I was taking the ,moon photos, I realised the moon moved quite fast! I took these photos at 1/100 - 1/125 sec. F11 - F16 ISO 100. I did a 5 Sec exposure at F45, ISO 50, I can see the moon move!!!:sweat:

Yes, as I was taking the ,moon photos, I realised the moon moved quite fast! I took these photos at 1/100 - 1/125 sec. F11 - F16 ISO 100. I did a 5 Sec exposure at F45, ISO 50, I can see the moon move!!!:sweat:

yeah...!!! I agree with that!!! It was moving a few mm every few seconds in my viewfinder...
:eek:

sweet...quite nice for 1/100...i have even tried 1/1000 for the moon and adjusting the EV to -1.7...but perhaps my hand shakes a fair bit. did u use a tripod? cheers.

sweet...quite nice for 1/100...i have even tried 1/1000 for the moon and adjusting the EV to -1.7...but perhaps my hand shakes a fair bit. did u use a tripod? cheers.

Oh, I used a tripod and Cable release. Old already, I have shaky hands!:sweatsm:

cool...so if i dont have a cable release then can i use the cam 5sec timer instead? cheers.
it shld be the same.

anyway i shot the moon at 1am this morning and the skies partially cleared up but there were still high altitude thin clouds. so the image became abit soft. i shot the moon with lens pointing vertically and the moon barely moved. in fact i didnt have to recompose despite aiming for 5mins plus

it shld be the same.

anyway i shot the moon at 1am this morning and the skies partially cleared up but there were still high altitude thin clouds. so the image became abit soft. i shot the moon with lens pointing vertically and the moon barely moved. in fact i didnt have to recompose despite aiming for 5mins plus

Humm you mean the earth is not moving when the moon is right on top of us?:think:

i took quite a few shots and i didnt even have to reposition. i was certain because i didnt even lock the ballhead as there was this notch in the tripod head and i let the 'pillar' rest in the notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.