y singapore airport is getting worst? designers this days sux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor guy who started this thread. Kena shoot jia lat jia lat.

He is just posting his comments on the viewing gallery in T2. Just let him let out his views,can?Can u guys just LISTEN?

edwinywh said:

He is just posting his comments on the viewing gallery in T2. Just let him let out his views,can?Can u guys just LISTEN?

well everyone is listening what, that's why there are responses :dunno:

eikin said:
:think:

if anyone remembers the dragon head sculpture outside somerset mrt station, alot of ang mohs like to 'do the thing' and have their picture taken with it ... pretty disgusting ... tsk tsk tsk

If "Merdragon" is the new attraction in Singapore I want to pack up and fly there to shoot it tomorrow. :bsmilie:

edwinywh said:

he is poor thing ? i think he messed with the wrong guy at the wrong time.. ps lah. i am pretty sensitive when pple push all the blame about constructions to design pple...

everything the design pple get the blame...

i wouldnt mind hearing what he has to say.

ycchen said:
discussion from airport to bird park then to durian to merlion.... what is next :think:

hahahaha... maxwell food court ?

glennyong said:
he is poor thing ? i think he messed with the wrong guy at the wrong time.. ps lah. i am pretty sensitive when pple push all the blame about constructions to design pple...

yup.

design is a complicated issue, in the construction industry even more so.

you'll have to deal with the client, the contractors, and sometimes unexplainable guidelines under the law. and if you work as an employee in a big firm your boss gets into the picture as well.

sometimes when people complain about my profession too much i just tell them

'YOU CLEVER YOU DO LAH'

:bsmilie:

Sion said:
Too many tables and chairs in too small a court?

And there should be a fountain in the middle for people to wash hands and little kids to piss. :bsmilie:

hahhaa... air conditioned food court with cable tvs and wireless broadband. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... if no places to sit, u can always sit on the curb and enjoy ur food knowing the curb is clean, get cleaners to clean the curb so pple can sit on them.. hahhahahaa..

wclip said:
Let me say a few words regarding designer in Singapore watever the field is....

Its not that Singapore has no good designer..infact Singapore has alot of talented designers.

BUT generally in Singapore.. ITS the CLIENTS that SUCKS..(not all) because the client will think they know more than the designer and sometime insist they are right, I want the picture BIG BIG..MORE COLOR LAH...WHY SO MANY WHITE SPACE..I DUN LIKE THIS COLOR...blah blah blah... so designer no choice must do what the client want..in the end produce a CRAP design but client happy. CLIENTs in singapore dun really respect designer's professionalism and they will think I ALSO KNOW HOW TO PHOTOSHOP! and they think they are designer and honestly designer are one of the worst paid white collar job I know of. Just have to compare how designer are respected in Western countries.

So what can the designer do? so..dun blame just the designer until u have worked in the industry, you will understand.

Cheers :D
----------

finally someone whom i can click and relate too... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: *in tears.. touched..*

glennyong said:

Hehe,from what u said,can roughly guess what field are u working in liao.

Well well,bad things happens all the time and of cos people blame the creators.
Hes the source of it.Isn't it?

wclip said:

Its not that Singapore has no good designer..infact Singapore has alot of talented designers.

BUT generally in Singapore.. ITS the CLIENTS that SUCKS..(not all) because the client will think they know more than the designer and sometime insist they are right, I want the picture BIG BIG..MORE COLOR LAH...WHY SO MANY WHITE SPACE..I DUN LIKE THIS COLOR...blah blah blah... so designer no choice must do what the client want..in the end produce a CRAP design but client happy. CLIENTs in singapore dun really respect designer's professionalism and they will think I ALSO KNOW HOW TO PHOTOSHOP! and they think they are designer and honestly designer are one of the worst paid white collar job I know of. Just have to compare how designer are respected in Western countries.

So what can the designer do? so..dun blame just the designer until u have worked in the industry, you will understand.

----------

most of the overseas stuff you see are probably exceptional examples that get published, the situation out there is pretty much the same as Singapore actually. but i'll have to say that local clients are getting good taste and knowledge quite fast these days, quite a good sign for us.

----------

edwinywh said:
Hehe,from what u said,can roughly guess what field are u working in liao.

Well well,bad things happens all the time and of cos people blame the creators.
Hes the source of it.Isn't it?

well the threadstarter probably created his own problem doesn't he?

say you look at a building, who created it?

edwinywh said:
Erm.... listening involves using ears only loh.

huh? so pasive ah? we must up the thread more so that more people can read mah, right?

delong72 said:

----------

interesting ... wclip and delong72 are the same person?

i think the US clients are more super direct lo... ahahha.. when ur work sucks. they will say till its worthless.

some will say. I am not angry with u. i am angry with the work. so its not u that i am angry with. *throws thing outta of the kitchen*

-used to work in a hotel under a US executive chef. :cry:

glennyong said:
finally someone whom i can click and relate too... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: *in tears.. touched..*

haha... Good to know someone who understand too...
:D

glennyong said:
i think the US clients are more super direct lo... ahahha.. when ur work sucks. they will say till its worthless.

some will say. I am not angry with u. i am angry with the work. so its not u that i am angry with. *throws thing outta of the kitchen*

-used to work in a hotel under a US executive chef. :cry:

hehehe ... you haven't met the mean Singaporean clients yet :devil:

glennyong said:

but then again, there's a job involved, dealing with the client is not always mission impossible, it takes alot of skills ;) (and takes experience to not be 'eaten' by the client)

Status
Not open for further replies.