XT-1 Promotion

With the electronics shows happening at the end of the month, do you think there will be better deals for the XT1? Would you wait or go for the trade in now? What do you think? Thx.

With the electronics shows happening at the end of the month, do you think there will be better deals for the XT1? Would you wait or go for the trade in now? What do you think? Thx.
since trade in promo valid til month end, why not wait & see what comes up at those electronic shows u mentioned happening at month end?

I traded in my old alpha 290 and joined the dark side. I think it was quite worth it. My next target is the 18mm f2 lens. I only took the body kit.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I traded in my old alpha 290 and joined the dark side. I think it was quite worth it. My next target is the 18mm f2 lens. I only took the body kit. Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Welcome , it's the bright side here lol.

Ya, the XF18's my most used lens ; it being 28mm equivalent and most of all , F2 and really compact

Currently using the 35mm f2. It's weather sealed both body and lense. Wait till I get the 18mm. Samyang lenses seem real nice but they are full manual.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Brand new grey set of XT-1 has fallen to $863.

I wonder whether Fujifilm Singapore will also drop the brand new price in view of the new replacement model launched.

Currently, local warranty set is still selling at around $1,700 with free 35mm f2 lens.

Brand new grey set of XT-1 has fallen to $863. I wonder whether Fujifilm Singapore will also drop the brand new price in view of the new replacement model launched. Currently, local warranty set is still selling at around $1,700 with free 35mm f2 lens.

The lens is around $500-600, making a brand new XT1 body with bundled accessories like original batt approx $1100 maximum and with warranty coverage.

Looks like that a gray set body alone with no warranty set is around $900 leh. A repair job alone would easier offset this difference. Going this way with price drops further for local sets it will soon make no sense to buy gray lol

Last edited:
The lens is around $500-600, making a brand new XT1 body with bundled accessories like original batt approx $1100 maximum and with warranty coverage.

Looks like that a gray set body alone with no warranty set is around $900 leh. A repair job alone would easier offset this difference. Going this way with price drops further for local sets it will soon make no sense to buy gray lol

Brand new gray set $900, then really makes no sense to buy used ones at so close to that price...

Brand new gray set $900, then really makes no sense to buy used ones at so close to that price...

Some used set still under warranty of fujifilm sg while grey set warranty ermmmm...service good ?

Some used set still under warranty of fujifilm sg while grey set warranty ermmmm...service good ?

I certainly want to have warranty coverage.

No one wants to have to send in one's camera for servicing but if one has to , at least warranty can soften the pain on the pocket.

Ya, agree the BnS prices for X-T1 are a tad high lol , let the market adjust itself, after all those looking for a good deal will find a way or other

According to the grey set shop's warranty T & C, it comes with 1 year shop warranty.

What this means is that you send your camera to Fujifilm Singapore for servicing due to manufacturer defects and then send the invoice to the shop for warranty claim.

The grey set shop does not do servicing.

Latest price quoted by the grey set shop is $863. I guess that they wanted to clear stocks fast before XT-2 hits the market.

No one wants to have to send in one's camera for servicing but if one has to , at least warranty can soften the pain on the pocket.

Ya, agree the BnS prices for X-T1 are a tad high lol , let the market adjust itself, after all those looking for a good deal will find a way or other

I agree but unfortunately it is quite hard to find a set with warranty remaining in the used market.

Latest price quoted by the grey set shop is $863. I guess that they wanted to clear stocks fast before XT-2 hits the market.

I'm not sure if Fujifilm Singapore will service grey market sets as though they are out of warranty local sets?

Will they charge higher for servicing fees or spare parts, or take longer to repair it?

If grey market sets are treated equally, then I don't see why they are inferior to used local sets with expired warranty.

Anyone has experience with grey market sets?

I'm not sure if Fujifilm Singapore will service grey market sets as though they are out of warranty local sets? Will they charge higher for servicing fees or spare parts, or take longer to repair it? If grey market sets are treated equally, then I don't see why they are inferior to used local sets with expired warranty. Anyone has experience with grey market sets?

This info has been posted before in the Fujifilm sticky thread , I'll just share it again for everyone's benefit.

1. Local sets (with and without warranty) - will be serviced as per standard practice like all other brands.

2. Oversea sets with warranty (Fuji does provide international warranty which is rare nowadays) - repair under warranty will proceed once Fuji has verified with overseas counterparts on warranty status [aka, its likely repair for oversea sets even with warranty may take longer]

3. Overseas warranty sets out of warranty (Fuji will service but repair costs will of course be levied) Repair may be delayed (see point 2)

4. Gray sets / dependent on the database.

If it's a registered set from an oversea market but just a parallel import set, Fujifilm will still repair and charge accordingly (I heard a premium may be levied on such cases sets but I can't verify this, I know of another brand whose local service ctr charges 1.5x the standard repair costs on parallel or gray sets )

I've come across a XF18 F2 lens from Malaysia with a fake warranty card. Sets of this nature will not be repaired as they are deemed to be stolen goods or equivalent. You can look for 3rd party repair sets for maintenance for these sets.

From experience, read around here and it has been mentioned many times.
Warranty coverage from gray sellers is only as good as their own name. If they close shop, thats it. And repair may not be at the authorised centre and done by their own repairmen.

And it is never stated that how long reimbursement may take for the gray sellers who promise to reimburse repair bills.

I'm not against buying parallel or gray, but its only important to know what one is buying into. $860 vs $1100 , i'll pay the difference for the coverage but that's me.

Last edited:
This info has been posted before in the Fujifilm sticky thread , I'll just share it again for everyone's benefit.

1. Local sets (with and without warranty) - will be serviced as per standard practice like all other brands.

2. Oversea sets with warranty (Fuji does provide international warranty which is rare nowadays) - repair under warranty will proceed once Fuji has verified with overseas counterparts on warranty status [aka, its likely repair for oversea sets even with warranty may take longer]

3. Overseas warranty sets out of warranty (Fuji will service but repair costs will of course be levied) Repair may be delayed (see point 2)

4. Gray sets / dependent on the database.

If it's a registered set from an oversea market but just a parallel import set, Fujifilm will still repair and charge accordingly (I heard a premium may be levied on such cases sets but I can't verify this, I know of another brand whose local service ctr charges 1.5x the standard repair costs on parallel or gray sets )

I've come across a XF18 F2 lens from Malaysia with a fake warranty card. Sets of this nature will not be repaired as they are deemed to be stolen goods or equivalent. You can look for 3rd party repair sets for maintenance for these sets.

From experience, read around here and it has been mentioned many times.
Warranty coverage from gray sellers is only as good as their own name. If they close shop, thats it. And repair may not be at the authorised centre and done by their own repairmen.

And it is never stated that how long reimbursement may take for the gray sellers who promise to reimburse repair bills.

I'm not against buying parallel or gray, but its only important to know what one is buying into. $860 vs $1100 , i'll pay the difference for the coverage but that's me.

Ah... Thanks for sharing!

So grey market sets are not treated equally, therefore the prices cannot be taken as an accurate estimate.

Ah... Thanks for sharing! So grey market sets are not treated equally, therefore the prices cannot be taken as an accurate estimate.

I will say yes. And to me I'll consider gray if I am looking a potential 30% savings over street prices.