XT-1 Promotion

Yea , any mirrorless / DSLR body regardless of market value is accepted so long as it's working. Just body , batt and charger needed. Box and others like cards, manual etc not needed.
the trade in promo still ongoing?

On the FB page I see there's a $150 trade in thing for XE-2s but no trade in program for X-T1

On the FB page I see there's a $150 trade in thing for XE-2s but no trade in program for X-T1

Check out their Facebook page poster. To my understanding it is available till end of may 2016. I have called up a shop and they still doing the trade in.

Just a heads up, I have check with some shops those who are considering buy a camera for trade in, some shops actually are offering at about the same price, down side no 150 ntuc voucher and I think the leather case. So if you can make do without these 2 promo item, it's actually about the same price.

Check out their Facebook page poster. To my understanding it is available till end of may 2016. I have called up a shop and they still doing the trade in.

Just a heads up, I have check with some shops those who are considering buy a camera for trade in, some shops actually are offering at about the same price, down side no 150 ntuc voucher and I think the leather case. So if you can make do without these 2 promo item, it's actually about the same price.

Yup, the trade-in period is till 31 May

How much are these shops offering? The NTUC voucher is a lot of difference ...

Last edited:
How much are these shops offering? The NTUC voucher is a lot of difference ...

It's best to check yourself , last I heard its around $15xx for the trade in so basically it's a very good deal considering u get a free XF35/2 plus the vouchers / half case / batteries etc

It's best to check yourself , last I heard its around $15xx for the trade in so basically it's a very good deal considering u get a free XF35/2 plus the vouchers / half case / batteries etc

He is saying there are shops who intend to buy the trade in set and resell them at lower price. I am asking how much these shops are selling.

He is saying there are shops who intend to buy the trade in set and resell them at lower price. I am asking how much these shops are selling.

Eh ... I don't think so la. Prob Mis-comm, let him clarify. Nothing much to be made for the shops unless they buy in these trade in cameras for below sub $100

I think what Jia Jie meant was for those who are considering buying a camera just to satisfy the trade-in requirement, that there are some shops who are selling part of the X-T1 bundle for a lower price without the need to trade in a camera. Hence no need to sweat too much about finding a cheap enough used body just to enjoy this promotion. :)

IC ... haha ok i got it now.
Actually it is quite easy to get a sub 100 camera (usual suspect are Olympus EP/EPL1-3, E500, E510 etc or Panasonic GF1-3)

Last edited:
Check out their Facebook page poster. To my understanding it is available till end of may 2016. I have called up a shop and they still doing the trade in. Just a heads up, I have check with some shops those who are considering buy a camera for trade in, some shops actually are offering at about the same price, down side no 150 ntuc voucher and I think the leather case. So if you can make do without these 2 promo item, it's actually about the same price.
thanks! Will check it out

I think what Jia Jie meant was for those who are considering buying a camera just to satisfy the trade-in requirement, that there are some shops who are selling part of the X-T1 bundle for a lower price without the need to trade in a camera. Hence no need to sweat too much about finding a cheap enough used body just to enjoy this promotion. :)

I was quoted xt1 with 18-55 for $2164 with extra battery and 35mm f2

I was was also quoted the same kit for $2034 after trade in. But the trade in promotion comes with an extra leather case and 150 ntuc voucher.

Say you pay about 100 for the trade in camera. It's actually about the same price except you don't get the leather case and ntuc.

I agree that the latter is a better deal, but more troublesome as well. I am considering both options hopefully I can get a cheap trade in cam.

Anyway got myself an EPL1 for $100 with lens. Was testing it and it keeps saying card error. I believe its because I onl have SDXC instead of SDHC.

Last edited:
Is OK ... Go tk photo they don't check properly lol. They just on off .. Make sure charger and battery can charge.

Is OK ... Go tk photo they don't check properly lol. They just on off .. Make sure charger and battery can charge.
I think that's what Fuji will check also. Don't think Fuji intends to make money out of that, the trade in is more to get people to switch to Fuji Eco system and buy more lenses etc

Wonder what Fuji do with all these trade in camera.

Maybe donate to charity or to developing countries

just for updates, managed to trade in an epl1 (body, battery, charger) for the trade in promotion. Paid 2034 for the body + 1855kit, sold the 35mm f2 for $525, feels like a good purchase = :)

just for updates, managed to trade in an epl1 (body, battery, charger) for the trade in promotion. Paid 2034 for the body + 1855kit, sold the 35mm f2 for $525, feels like a good purchase = :)
I prefer the body alone deal. For the 18-55, can easily get it in B&S for $300, so I won't pay the $500 for the 18-55 kit.

Wonder what Fuji do with all these trade in camera.

Generally ends up in charity after they've been cleaned up and made sure to be of usable condition.

I think we all pretty sure no one is going to be trading in a D4 lol.

Good deal ;) not easy to sell the 35/2 for $525 - nice