XT-1 Promotion

Ive been seeing a lot of brand new XT-1 bodys for sale in BNS. Is there a reason why there is so many brand new sets circulating around?

There was a XT1 promo recently at the IT show so I'm guessing some kakis bought the promo set and sold off the items that they didnt need.

It's mainly due to the very good promo now , some are buying the kit and keeping only what they need. A friend did a trade in , sold off what he didn't need and ended up only paying $200 for the XF35/2

Ive been seeing a lot of brand new XT-1 bodys for sale in BNS. Is there a reason why there is so many brand new sets circulating around?

If u have a old DSLR / mirroless around and u have trouble selling it for then 100 then .. Use it to do the xt1 trade in and sell off all the body, lens and accessories .. So basically u r selling off ur old camera at a much higher price

actually the price for the trade in is pretty good. I'm considering to buy an old camera off B&S to trade in.

I was wondering the same, until i saw this thread.

Simple really - current fuji owners who want the 35mm f2 will buy this kit i.e. 1699 XT-1 + free 35mm f2, and sell the XT-1 body for 1100-1200. Essentially meaning they get 100-200 dollars off a new 35mm f2.

I was wondering the same, until i saw this thread. Simple really - current fuji owners who want the 35mm f2 will buy this kit i.e. 1699 XT-1 + free 35mm f2, and sell the XT-1 body for 1100-1200. Essentially meaning they get 100-200 dollars off a new 35mm f2.
actually for those looking to buy the xt1, likewise they could get the 1699 kit and sell the 35mm f2, and end up with 1000-1100 (after deducting the $150 Ntuc voucher that came as part of the freebies)

Actually there isn't a lot of ppl selling the xt1. It seems to be the same ppl who have trouble selling it.
Anyway wait for Pc show. Maybe there is a better deal

actually for those looking to buy the xt1, likewise they could get the 1699 kit and sell the 35mm f2, and end up with 1000-1100 (after deducting the $150 Ntuc voucher that came as part of the freebies)
The voucher is only for trade in.

Actually there isn't a lot of ppl selling the xt1. It seems to be the same ppl who have trouble selling it. Anyway wait for Pc show. Maybe there is a better deal

Haha, I think u got this pretty right bro.

Most buyers will rather buy new at the shop given the promo now then spend $1.1k for a new set in BnS or $9xx for a used out of warranty set.

Haha, I think u got this pretty right bro.

Most buyers will rather buy new at the shop given the promo now then spend $1.1k for a new set in BnS or $9xx for a used out of warranty set.

I was half hoping that you are saying i am pretty right that there is a better deal at coming pc show lol.

The voucher is only for trade in.
now that you mentioned trade-in, it's an even better deal right? $1599 price... And get free 35mm, $150 voucher, the xt1 works out to be $900+? Assuming you have a crappy low end DSLR or mirrorless for trade in that's not worth much on the resale market...

now that you mentioned trade-in, it's an even better deal right? $1599 price... And get free 35mm, $150 voucher, the xt1 works out to be $900+? Assuming you have a crappy low end DSLR or mirrorless for trade in that's not worth much on the resale market...

Actually trade in price is 1549 at most shop. There is one shop that is 16 dollars cheaper then the rest.

That is if u have something worthless to trade in. Or you can buy a cheap mirrorless to trade in.
Also do note 35mm f2 is selling at 550 new in shop.

Anyway the trade is a pretty decent deal if you are keeping the xt1 for self use.

I got a new xt1 from the trade in myself. Sold my old one sometime back (glad I made that decision)

Last edited:
Actually trade in price is 1549 at most shop. There is one shop that is 16 dollars cheaper then the rest. That is if u have something worthless to trade in. Or you can buy a cheap mirrorless to trade in. Also do note 35mm f2 is selling at 550 new in shop. Anyway the trade is a pretty decent deal if you are keeping the xt1 for self use. I got a new xt1 from the trade in myself. Sold my old one sometime back (glad I made that decision)
exactly what I was saying.

I was half hoping that you are saying i am pretty right that there is a better deal at coming pc show lol.

No one knows what will happen at PC show , but this trade in deal will most likely not happen again , especially one at $150 NTUC and a straight free XF35/2 plus other freebies

No one knows what will happen at PC show , but this trade in deal will most likely not happen again , especially one at $150 NTUC and a straight free XF35/2 plus other freebies
Maybe something like xt1 + 18 + 27 + 35 + for 1699 for PC show :)

I have some questions with regards to the trade in promotion hopefully some one can address.

Do they allow trade in for any dslr/mirrorless regardless of the market value of the camera?

The promotion says, original camera, battery and charger. Do they need the box warranty cards etc for trade in? (intend to buy off something cheap off the market)

Thanks.

I have some questions with regards to the trade in promotion hopefully some one can address. Do they allow trade in for any dslr/mirrorless regardless of the market value of the camera? The promotion says, original camera, battery and charger. Do they need the box warranty cards etc for trade in? (intend to buy off something cheap off the market) Thanks.

Yea , any mirrorless / DSLR body regardless of market value is accepted so long as it's working.

Just body , batt and charger needed. Box and others like cards, manual etc not needed.