XF 23mm f1.4 R fast prime for X system

Click the image for more photos I shot at Labrador Park while sketching with friends.

Do you have any problem shooting wide open in the brightness?

Thanks for the tip on the 3 stop ND filter.
I was just thinking about this myself and wondering if 3 stop is enough or should I go for 6 stop to account for the fact that our base ISO is 200.
You find the 3 stop is sufficient for you?

Thanks for the tip on the 3 stop ND filter.
I was just thinking about this myself and wondering if 3 stop is enough or should I go for 6 stop to account for the fact that our base ISO is 200.
You find the 3 stop is sufficient for you?

3-stops ND filter is good enough for daytime shooting.
Even when it's a really bright day, you should be able to shoot at 1/4000 or 1/2000.

labrador-12.jpg

This one was shot at f/1.4 at 1/2000s. And it's a really bright day.
So in theory, a 2-stop ND filter would be enough and you'll be shooting at 1/4000s.

When you get into sheltered areas with shade, you can either take the ND filter off, or leave it on but shots will mostly be at ISO800 and above which is really not a problem for any of the Fuji X cameras.

Actually for my Micro Four Thirds lens, I would get 2-stops for f/1.4 and 3-stops for f/0.95. Because of the high-ISO performance, I got the 3-stop instead of the 2-stop for this Fuji lens.

3 and beyond stops are more for long exposure shots.

Thanks got the detailed reply bro.

Just got a sms from MS colors that the lens is available at their shop. Too late for me as I am already overseas. Bros who still looking for one can try calling them.

Picked up my 23mm today, and noticed two things. First, the focus is noticeably slower compared to the 18-55mm zoom. Second, the AF makes a soft whirring-type noise, and when turning the focus ring in MF with the camera on, I can hear and feel the motor (?).

Is this true for anyone else?

Picked up my 23mm today, and noticed two things. First, the focus is noticeably slower compared to the 18-55mm zoom. Second, the AF makes a soft whirring-type noise, and when turning the focus ring in MF with the camera on, I can hear and feel the motor (?).

Is this true for anyone else?

Same for me, can make a symphony when using continuous focus.

Same for me, can make a symphony when using continuous focus.

better send into fuji to check, sometimes the sounds could mean u got a "lemon copy", nowadays so many companies are outsourcing their production lines and cutting down costs, we do not know how this lens was made.

better send into fuji to check, sometimes the sounds could mean u got a "lemon copy", nowadays so many companies are outsourcing their production lines and cutting down costs, we do not know how this lens was made.

Oh, will make a trip to funan and compare their copy again before i make a move. Hopes it end well.