would it affect the quality of the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean up in RAW? Errr... I'm sorry, but I don't get you. What I meant is that the lens, at 200mm f/5.6 instantly becomes a 400mm f/11 with a 2x TC. As psychobiologist pointed out, you lose autofocus ability, as there is insufficient light coming in. Besides, even if you do get everything working, what would the shutter speed be? Don't think it's of much value.
its called manual focus. Lighting will be a problem so usage is limited. As for the speed, really depends on shooting what.

Most of the time or rather actually all the time Prime lens would be preferable but anything is better then having nothing to take the pic with. but of course if budget is no issue, can skip teleconverters.

Haha. Even our eyes may have difficulty discerning much through f/11. But yeah, I suppose that's a solution.

I believe Canon has a cheap telephoto solution, the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS. It probably offers more options at a price slightly higher than a teleconverter.

i believe that tele converters should only be a last resort or unless you have a lens that has a very big and constant aperture to start with...

i believe that tele converters should only be a last resort or unless you have a lens that has a very big and constant aperture to start with...

so how about using it with my 75-300 III USM? as i like to take sports, sometimes will miss out something when my 300 cant reach. like facial expressions and stuff.

so how about using it with my 75-300 III USM? as i like to take sports, sometimes will miss out something when my 300 cant reach. like facial expressions and stuff.

Then get a 400 ... next up is the 500 and 600.

You go read thru the advices and so call advices.

Then decide lor. I will not use a teleconverter if I can help it. If you are hell bend on getting one, get the canon 1.4X. Probably the best (in a relative sense) for your system. The 3rd party ones, forget it. Using any converter will seriously degrade the image quality,. But does give you a bit more reach.

At the end of the day, how much image quality degration is acceptable, it's up to you again.

Oh, one lasthing, if you try a converter ont eh 28-138, absolutely not workable.

Then get a 400 ... next up is the 500 and 600.

You go read thru the advices and so call advices.

Then decide lor. I will not use a teleconverter if I can help it. If you are hell bend on getting one, get the canon 1.4X. Probably the best (in a relative sense) for your system. The 3rd party ones, forget it. Using any converter will seriously degrade the image quality,. But does give you a bit more reach.

At the end of the day, how much image quality degration is acceptable, it's up to you again.

Oh, one lasthing, if you try a converter ont eh 28-138, absolutely not workable.

hahaha thanks for your precious advice and info!

to tell you the truth the IQ on ur 75-300mm is already not very gd...so by putting on the tele converter, it will only worsen the IQ much more...

Status
Not open for further replies.