Wonderful experience with the new E-330 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NMSS_2 said:
anyone knows when the body only option will be available?

Was at Alan Photo, Funan Square today. They have it on sale and body ONLY. Did not check the price.

Using the LCD screen for live preview is very bad for not so bright situation. Very grainy too. Like wat was written in those web site reviews. Turning on 'Live View Boost' in the menu makes it worse, doesn't help at all. Hope a firmware upgrade can help on this.

Can't help but think that probably Olympus rushed this model into production.

Grainy during LivePreview doesn't mean u get grainy pictures. The LiewView is just to aid in composition and not to judge the final image quality. The preview is noisy because the secondary sensor is only receiving 20% of the light passing thru the lens (80% goes to the optical viewfinder).

Also, it needs to work with 'shutter' speed like 1/15s no matter how dark, to give you fluid enough screen updates. When the shutter is clicked, the actual bigger sensor get a whole lot more light to work with and also the final image processing kicks in to mold the picture.

Mode B of LiewView is less grainy in the same situation because the actual sensor receives all the light for preview.

Tried the E330 yesterday. Thought that there's finally a DSLR that can offer on the fly manual adjustment and preview like the Sony R1. Turn out that the preview is only for composure framing and for the adjustment you still have to depend on your own judgement and not wat you see on screen. Nonetheless, kind of like the feel and build quality of the camera. Was selling $1999 with kit len at havey norman. Guess it will be a worthy investment... (haha faster tio 4D can buy le) :bsmilie:

yes. to me, i find that the live view grainy or not doesn't really bother me. 'cos the value and flexibility that it provides is.... fantastic.

Liewview Mode A is grainy in dim environment, but Mode B, silky smooth. Mode A nothing seriously wrong, but if you have tried a video camcorder, then I would say is similar!

Seriously, try-it, try-it...

Just called up Alan Photo @ Funan.
No body on sale. Comes with kit lens @ $1680 cash inclusive of gst!

* body suddenly develops rash...itching all over *

what excuses (aka small little white lies) to give to other-half this time......???
any tips?

I don't think the freebies will be anything to shout abt. 2 normal speed 1gb CF card? Umbrella or photography vest or bag that kind... maybe 1 extra battery...

major_tom said:
Just called up Alan Photo @ Funan.
No body on sale. Comes with kit lens @ $1680 cash inclusive of gst!

* body suddenly develops rash...itching all over *

what excuses (aka small little white lies) to give to other-half this time......???
any tips?

she can use it as a p&s?:dunno: :think:

nightpiper said:
can... juz use mode 'A' & u have urself a hi-end P&S. :bsmilie:

btw, fellow shchow has some E330 samples already. take a quick look here:
http://www.mytikas.org/portal/viewtopic.php?t=200&sid=7aefe80626038dfd551dfb1e8bfdd36a :devil: :devil:

dangerous advice.....once see.....point of no return.
anyway, sorry for the OT....let's get back to the original topic.

Called MS and they are selling at $1699 with free 1GB CF card. Dunno if AP includes free card at $1680.

major_tom said:
dangerous advice.....once see.....point of no return.
anyway, sorry for the OT....let's get back to the original topic.

Called MS and they are selling at $1699 with free 1GB CF card. Dunno if AP includes free card at $1680.

Price is now $1580.

Status
Not open for further replies.