wireless remote

genuine pentax offering is way too exp..
just get this 1.. cheap and works like a charm

an you can even disturb Canikon user by clicking on the various button for canikon.......

Can I ask a newbie Q about the remote?

Does it auto focus the same as using the shutter button on the camera?

ie half press remote shutter button to focus, then can wait for a while, then fully press down to take the photo?

Or you just press the shutter button on the remote, then it will focus and take the pic all on one go?

Can I ask a newbie Q about the remote?

Does it auto focus the same as using the shutter button on the camera?

ie half press remote shutter button to focus, then can wait for a while, then fully press down to take the photo?

Or you just press the shutter button on the remote, then it will focus and take the pic all on one go?

The one in red...

folks

as far as i know, the infrared remote require a line of sight to the infrared receiver in the camera? in the k-x, the infrared receiver is in the front, next to the lens

so if you have to click using this, does this mean you have to stand in front of the camera at an angle, rather than behind? what's the experience of the users?

folks

as far as i know, the infrared remote require a line of sight to the infrared receiver in the camera? in the k-x, the infrared receiver is in the front, next to the lens

so if you have to click using this, does this mean you have to stand in front of the camera at an angle, rather than behind? what's the experience of the users?

just like ur remote control for TV, u have to point at it... behind can, provide got something in front to reflect it back to the receiver sensor...

i got my at US$6 with shipment at Deal Xterm

S$4? What's the postage?

free shipping ... search around ebay. usually they ship from china or hongkong one ...

there was a link here back sometime, there was where i got it from.

Artworkfoto from mass sales sells the infrared remote shutter for around 13 dollar.

ir-shutter-remote.jpg

I have this one but it doesn't do AF, it snap like MF.
Wondering if other brand works with AF?

@cleonbus - care to post some more details?

i prefer cable release, but since k-x has no support for that, must go for wireless infrared ...

i almost went to artworkfoto today to buy the one kengoh mentioned... :)

Bought mine from Orient Photo on 6th floor of Sim Lim Square. Just $15. The Pentax one is $48

@cleonbus - care to post some more details?

i prefer cable release, but since k-x has no support for that, must go for wireless infrared ...

i almost went to artworkfoto today to buy the one kengoh mentioned... :)

AF wireless remote got things to explain meh?:confused:

So good ah? ;p
I tried the PentaxF also cannot. :(

Yes:devil:

I have this one but it doesn't do AF, it snap like MF.
Wondering if other brand works with AF?

It does AF leh.. But you need to go to your Pentax DSLR Menu to set. Should be under this
"AF with remote control 1: On or 2: Off ".

I bought one from ebay...cannot remember the price but much less then $10 including postage. I have the original pentax and it seems to have a longer range then it. It only has one button and it AF as well.

I think needs to set in the menu as mentioned by Ranchy.

It does AF leh.. But you need to go to your Pentax DSLR Menu to set. Should be under this
"AF with remote control 1: On or 2: Off ".

Thanks for the info.
I've tried b4, it doesn't work. :(

Thanks for the info.
I've tried b4, it doesn't work. :(

Huh :eek: , it should work.. hmm.... Any k-x user to help in verifying?
I'm using with K7 and it work perfectly.

So good ah? ;p
I tried the PentaxF also cannot. :(

The pentax F is the original pentax remote control? that also don't work? Could be something wrong with your K-x???

Huh :eek: , it should work.. hmm.... Any k-x user to help in verifying?
I'm using with K7 and it work perfectly.

The pentax F is the original pentax remote control? that also don't work? Could be something wrong with your K-x???

Thanks bro. :)
I've tried grump32's Pentax remote on my K-X but it dosn't work.
Bro saw u also attending the Pentaxian Training tommorrow, maybe I look for you. ;p