Wired remote for D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav

Apr 15, 2004
Anyone know of a brand/product that has a wired remote for the D70?

Cheers!

Am thinking of getting a wireless remote, is wired any better? And it since to be out of stock at Alanphoto...

There's no wired remote for D70, D70 doesn't have the 10 pin connector like the other DSLR bodies (D100's is on the grip).

You can only remotely trigger D70 via ML-L1 and ML-L3.

Tried my supplier for ML-L1 just now :( no stock.

Pepperking said:
Am thinking of getting a wireless remote, is wired any better? And it since to be out of stock at Alanphoto...

If I am not wrong....there is no wired remote for the D70 Nikon. That is why I bought the wireless version.

Nikon capture suppose to be able to control the camera via USB port.
Maybe if you have a long enough USB cable, and a portable notebook with Nikon Capture running you can have a wired remote?

Or anyone come across a USB-wired remote that send the same signal to D70?

That's the problem, the camera can only still be fired with a click from the mouse on Nikon Capture, (I believe I've demonstrated this for some D70 users a few months back during Nikon User Group outing @ Spinelli's).

We have no idea what signal to give to the camera to tell it to AF & fire. :dunno:

espn said:
There's no wired remote for D70, D70 doesn't have the 10 pin connector like the other DSLR bodies (D100's is on the grip).

You can only remotely trigger D70 via ML-L1 and ML-L3.

Tried my supplier for ML-L1 just now :( no stock.
which one is the one where the battery can be easily removed? i've been going to CP, but they've no stock.

Sian just went to CP to check today, the wireless remote still no stock.. :(

Actually we can use some Universal Remote (UR) control as D70 remote, anyone know about that? i can post it for u

i found it in thai forum

Pepperking said:

wired remotes for cameras are usually better as they are more certain (you press once and it's sure to trigger) and there is less lag compared to wireless remote. so, you have greater chance of catching critical moments.

Let me try... maybe can get some stocks :)

mpenza said:
wired remotes for cameras are usually better as they are more certain (you press once and it's sure to trigger) and there is less lag compared to wireless remote. so, you have greater chance of catching critical moments.
haiz... i tend to agree with you on that...

however, sad to say, with the D70, that's not even an option.

plus, the regular wired remote (cable release?) also don't run the risk of batteries running out! :)

I know this has been asked b4, but cannot seem to find the thread on it. So sorry.
Wats the difference between the ML-L1 & the ML-L3 remote?

And wats the price respectively?

Thanks

Main difference will be ML-L1-Made in Japan, ML-L3-Made in China. ML-L3 is easiler to change battery. Price wise should be ML-L1 slightly more expensive. ;)

mpenza said:

Precisely why I asked the question: God knows how many moments I let down the drain before the IR remote triggers the shutter. But - correct me if I am wrong - I understand that there are some wired remotes out there that can operate via the mini-jack input (like Canon and some other brands?). It may be something else altogether...

UNLESS... Nikon comes up with a replacement shutter button that adapts the screw-on wired manual remote trigger...

obviousdude said:
ooooooh... xie xie nee..

remember to scream when you have it ah. :)

A tip: sometimes it pays to look elsewhere other than the usual photographic supply haunts like CP, AP, MS, etc. I got mine from Harvey Norman ;)

Mav said:
A tip: sometimes it pays to look elsewhere other than the usual photographic supply haunts like CP, AP, MS, etc. I got mine from Harvey Norman ;)
how much was it there?

i usually avoid HN as their prices are alittle higher.. well, that's the case for other accs such as cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.