:: winter in germany 2006 ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi zoosh, this is as it is... it's taken just before the sunrises. pp with levels and curves.

Very good series of photos. I am thoroughly impressed.
Excellent eye for interesting angles. I can imagine myself in similar situations and chagrined at my failure of imagination.
Very good use of shallow DOF to isolate subjects and long lens to compress distances and to juxtapose complementary objects. witness the window and building pic.
daring use of long vertical format for framing. did you compose these images before hand or look for these pictures in your 3x2 frame?

well done! i aspire to your standards some day!

thanks for the comments:)

fuhyong: for the composition of photos in long format, some i have the idea before hand, some after looking on the actual photo. depends on situation.

yea beautiful pics

cheers@!

Wow...bump up for u!

Found this thread while searching for Berlin :lovegrin:

Your B&W and winter shots are really really amazing! :thumbsup:

Now i'm inspired when i head there next month!!! :D
So i guess i will get to see snow for the first time? :bsmilie:

thanks for bumping it up vortex.. i always feel happier when i see good pictures, especially those from this subforums

yes, indeed, beautiful, i love the mood in all of the pictures, there is a certain inherent style too

you're going to berlin? ehehe.. have fun, i heard it's freezing :D

hi vortex! you managed to dig out this thread... alot of fond memories. thanks for your kind comments too!:)

i think berlin should be nice. i wished i could go, but it's a little too far and too expensive when i was there. a german once described berlin to me as "a contrasty black and white picture". i wished i went, but then, there's always another day for travel. i'm sure u'll enjoy ur trip there:) not too sure if u'll like snow tho... wear more, keep warm.

night86mare: thanks for the kind comments:)

Good pictures deserves to get noticed!!! :lovegrin:
Hopefully they will inspire others as well.

Actually since it's going to be winter...i'd rather it snow...since i've never seen it before. and i'm going to freeze anyway whether or not it snows. hahaa

nightmare...yep going to hit london, ams, berlin and ending at paris....hopefully can get some decent photos in the bitter cold. :sweat:

nightmare...yep going to hit london, ams, berlin and ending at paris....hopefully can get some decent photos in the bitter cold. :sweat:
aha london

if you are arriving before 15 dec or after 24 dec let me know, should you want to meet up or need a guide.

have you looked at "london winter" photos in flickr? :( depressing

w.s

can I ask you how wide was the lens you were using for the wide angle shots?

Really Great pictures and I am still wondering if I should get a lens wider than 22mm (converted to 35mm).

vortex: i'm sure u'll enjoy the snow... i know i get pretty excited if i see snow outside the window in the morning:) just dun like it when it melts...:(

wind30: thanks. widest at 17mm on a 1.6crop. personally, i think it's pretty much sufficient for this trip, because any wider, then distortions can get a little bad. i guess it also depends on individual preference.

wind30: thanks. widest at 17mm on a 1.6crop. personally, i think it's pretty much sufficient for this trip, because any wider, then distortions can get a little bad. i guess it also depends on individual preference.

just the 17mm? I am quite surprised as some of the pics looks wider than that. Must be the viewpoint.

Anyway, this series really helps me in deciding what gear to bring in the future for my travels :) Ever since I changed gear from a 12-24 1.5x crop to 11-22mm on 2x crop, there is always a nagging feeling, can a wider lens helps my pics.

nightmare...im in london from 16-20th dec only...then im off to europe liao. guess our timing dont match. i will also be catching up with alot of friends during that 4 days. :sweat:

dont wanna OT too much in this thread with good photos liao.

so back to TS photos....and the topic above.

yah..i also thinking what lens to bring. actually i never bring my dslr for overseas trip in more than a year liao. haha. usually only carry my GRD with me nowdays.
but for this europe one....im thinking of actually bringing a dslr...so also thinking which lens.
10-20mm? or a zoom? :think:

No doubt, one of the very best here in CS.

Very well done. Cheers!

dan

wind30: yup, at that time, that's the widest i have. i used the 17mm on a FF for my sydney trip, you can have a look here, http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=308345.

vortex: i think the GRD is a very good travel cam. sometimes i wish SLRs are smaller when i travel... it's really taxing on the back. for my travel, i usually bring my 17-40, 35 and 50 and sometimes the 135. but i'll only bring 1-2 lenses out every outing, depends where i go and how i feel. hope this helps:)

danmic: thanx! i'm glad u like it.

vortex: i think the GRD is a very good travel cam. sometimes i wish SLRs are smaller when i travel... it's really taxing on the back. for my travel, i usually bring my 17-40, 35 and 50 and sometimes the 135. but i'll only bring 1-2 lenses out every outing, depends where i go and how i feel. hope this helps:)

heehee thanks.

yah...my GRD goes on every trip one. not my dslr.
im just thinking of making it an exception this time round since its europe :bsmilie:

W.S.

I feel so inspired by you after looking at your pics!

Simply great!

nice bw series. enjoyed it

thanks guys, glad you guys enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.