Windows 7 Ads on CS

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
I realise there is a new windows 7 animated ad with sound on CS recently. Could this ad be of a active nature i.e. mouse over or click activated. Sometimes when I load a CS page, then there is sound coming on, then some loud bang from the ad. I am using headphone most of the time, bang is kinda too loud for me even my desktop volume is at 50% :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I realise there is a new windows 7 animated ad with sound on CS recently. Could this ad be of a passive nature i.e. mouse over or click activated. Whenever I load a CS page, then there is sound coming on, then some loud bang from the ad. I am using headphone most of the time, bang is kinda too loud for me even my desktop volume is at 50% :bsmilie:
Sorry about that. Some of the banner ads are being served by a 3rd party agency and we have specifically instructed them to EXCLUDE such ads, however sometimes a couple sneak through.

Can you advise where you are seeing the ads that are using sound so that we can follow up with the agency? Thanks.

Hi,

Actually all the motion Win7 ads have sound enabled. And to be honest, it is quite irritating and loud. Thanks for looking into the matter.

Regards.

I will appreciate they tune down the volume of their ad. Other than that, I am fine with them. In fact they are pretty entertaining.

not sure if it is appropriate to 'piggyback' this thread.
Have an issue with 1 particular ad, though not related to the sound.

When I click on the 'QuickJump' link at the top bar, the drop-down menu appears, showing all the various subforums. However, the Olympus XZ-1 banner add continues to be in front of the drop-down menu, preventing me from clicking some of the subforums.
It seems to be only related with the Olympus XZ-1 banner ad. With other ads, the drop-down menu is in front, so no issues.

There was once an advertisement banner that says "Congratulations! You Are The Lucky Winner Of < insert flagship DSLR model > For Being The XX,XXX Visitor To This Site". Plenty of forumers thinking that it was an official Clubsnap announcement was irked when they realised they are not so lucky after all. :bsmilie: