will canon 16-35mm F2.8L II USM lens work on a 450D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oblaks

Aug 28, 2008
appreciate your advise

wow.. no setbacks no nothing?

Yes, will certainly give you good photos, Just remember your camera body's 1.6x crop factor. Thus a 16-35mm will no longer be a 16-35mm but a 25.6-56mm lens.

The only setback would probably be the hit to the wallet. And weight.

450D can take EF and EFS lens so no problem....

Last edited:
thanks guys. about the crop factor, is it the same for the EF S lens? i.e. 18-55mm x 1.6 = is really 28.8-88mm.

or the crop factor does not apply for the ef s lens?

thanks guys. about the crop factor, is it the same for the EF S lens? i.e. 18-55mm x 1.6 = is really 28.8-88mm.

or the crop factor does not apply for the ef s lens?

Crop factor is based on sensor size. So, yes. The 1.6 FOVCF applies for all lenses, even for EF mounts, you attach onto your 450D.

Yes it will work, but you still have to adjust your pict style settings to get ideal contrast, saturation, tones, etc.

EF-S lenses are designed for 1.6x crop factor sensors and have taken into account the range available after multiplying by 1.6.

For example:
EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 on a 1.6x would suit the same range for the EF 16-35mm on a full frame dslr. If you were looking at the true 16-35mm range then you would get EF-S 10-22mm, but if you were to upgrade to full frame in future you will have to sell your EF-S lens.

did you get a 450D with the 18-55 IS kit lens?

basically, the 16-35mm lens is just 2mm wider than the kit lens, thats all.

Yes it can.
EF lens can mount on any Canon DSLR, EFS can only mount on APSC camera.

lens is always the same, just the size of the sensor :p smaller area is the crop.
example below.

463717288_e5d04045cc.jpg

sure it does work. but personally i think u shouldn't want to spend so much on this lens and yet not get the uwa effect on a crop body.

i won't buy this unless i got a FF. i will rather get the cheaper 1740

It won't work!! i repeat IT WONT WORK! so you should just give it to me:bsmilie:

ya act 17-40 or 10-22 would be better... and lighter on the wallet:p

Status
Not open for further replies.