WIFI module on 5D

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniUltraman

Feb 27, 2006
Hi, anyone ever use a wifi module on 5D to transfer photos directly to notebook while taking? I believe it can be plug into the USB 2.0 slot. Any idea how much is that?

This is what I read "In addition a WIFI module can be connected to the USB port which enables wireless transfer of images to a computer, printer or server." from http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/review/62/page_2.html
Thanks!

WFT-E1 is the model that works with 20D/30D/5D and 1DMk2

Hey, bro... thanks for the direction :) Any idea how much is it selling? Cathay carrying?
I wonder if the new WFT-E2 can be used on the 5D... it looks more compact

WFT-E1

51-K1DwZpCL._AA280_.jpg

vs WFT-E2

p01.jpg

Hey, bro... thanks for the direction :) Any idea how much is it selling? Cathay carrying?
I wonder if the new WFT-E2 can be used on the 5D... it looks more compact

CP should be carrying it. i think price ard $2K. not sure abt the new WFT-E2

WFT-E2 compatible with the Mk3 only.

Sigh ... someone tempting me with WFT-E1 :rolleyes:

hahaha.. give me a call if u r realli keen.. ;)

So WFT-E2 cannot be used on 5D? :cry:
WFT-E1 looks too bulky

Owned both...preferred WFT-E2. :bsmilie:

Hi bro, may I know what is your general experience over the 2? So as you shoot, the photos can be viewed directly on your notebook? How fast is the general transfer, is there a substantial delay when shooting RAW? (I mean how fast from the time you shoot to the time it appears on the notebook?) Thanks for sharing :lovegrin:

Hi bro, may I know what is your general experience over the 2? So as you shoot, the photos can be viewed directly on your notebook? How fast is the general transfer, is there a substantial delay when shooting RAW? (I mean how fast from the time you shoot to the time it appears on the notebook?) Thanks for sharing :lovegrin:

Personal experience. The transmission is smooth (In the matter of few seconds), the pictures are shot in RAWs and sent to notebook through PTP mode. But do take note on the wireless equipment you use, I was using the Wireless B router, and the connection was cut off 2 walls away. Now sourcing for better router with strong signal, considering G or N. :)

Will be testing it again in a studio environment tomorrow. Cheers!

Having a G or N standard router doesn't give you a stronger signal. In fact, a stronger signal from the access point doesn't matter in this case. What you want is a better antenna on the WiFi module on your camera.

Having a G or N standard router doesn't give you a stronger signal. In fact, a stronger signal from the access point doesn't matter in this case. What you want is a better antenna on the WiFi module on your camera.

However, there are no antenna sold for WFT-E2. :think:
For WFT-E1, Canon do sell a long range antenna for it.
Maybe, should get a antenna with USB port to attach it, any suggestions? Was thinking of Linksys. :)

However, there are no antenna sold for WFT-E2. :think:
For WFT-E1, Canon do sell a long range antenna for it.
Maybe, should get a antenna with USB port to attach it, any suggestions? Was thinking of Linksys. :)

Get the Linksys router, they have a super long range router!

Status
Not open for further replies.