Why weddings Photography cost so much?

Well, it's like saying people who has big camera and use full bagful of lenses must be Pro photographer...

Perception perception perception....

Most pro will more then willing to reduce weight and not compromise quality.

As a photographer, all u need to do is to be at your best demeanor and producing great images while running a successful business. There is nothing you can do nor should do with everything that people say about you.

Regards,

Hart

Typical ugly Singaporeans behavior - always thinking ownselves as superior when they in fact knew little.

But I doubt most non camera people will notice gaffer. It was months later after working together that I realized my videographer friend have all sorts of crap stickers, barcode labels, logo tape and markers on his cam.

The nasty person noticing and saying this must be having a camera hobby.

My guess , the person who noticed should be as Jason said have a camera hobby and also at the same time want to impress the opposite sex with the comments .

My guess , the person who noticed should be as Jason said have a camera hobby and also at the same time want to impress the opposite sex with the comments .

nope. typical Singaporean who wants to act as if he/she knows everything

JasonB said:
Typical ugly Singaporeans behavior - always thinking ownselves as superior when they in fact knew little.

But I doubt most non camera people will notice gaffer. It was months later after working together that I realized my videographer friend have all sorts of crap stickers, barcode labels, logo tape and markers on his cam.

The nasty person noticing and saying this must be having a camera hobby.

lobsterkia said:

She is a grumpy and opinionated ah lian. Who will be so rude to "feedback" the busy bride telling her that her choice of hotel, food, photographer is wrong? Crazy woman!
Disclaimer: I am not acquainted with her. :)

Last edited:
She is a grumpy and opinionated ah lian. Who will be so rude to "feedback" the busy bride telling her that her choice of hotel, food, photographer is wrong? Crazy woman!

Gosh... that must have been torture if the whole night went down like that. :eek:

agape01 said:
Gosh... that must have been torture if the whole night went down like that. :eek:

Yes! Torture for me as she complained to her friend sitting between us. The sound of her whining was flowing towards me! :( I left immediately after dessert! Shook the newly weds' hands, congratulate them and deliberately told the bride "nice food,u look splendid tonight! I had a lovely evening"

She replied "Thank you!! Wah I have been so stressed up! Thank God for the sisters, make up artist and photo/video peeps. They took care of everything!"

I think most people will only appreciate the helpers (sis/bro/MUA/etc) when the event is over. or when the photographer/videographer pass them the photos/video of what they have miss or happen during the whole day event.

Yes! Torture for me as she complained to her friend sitting between us. The sound of her whining was flowing towards me! :( I left immediately after dessert! Shook the newly weds' hands, congratulate them and deliberately told the bride "nice food,u look splendid tonight! I had a lovely evening"

She replied "Thank you!! Wah I have been so stressed up! Thank God for the sisters, make up artist and photo/video peeps. They took care of everything!"

at the end of the day, its about market segmentation. Ferrari does not go after the proton saga market. If you are a $3k per wedding photographer, don't go and sell to the $500 per day wedding couple market. Logical, no?

and vice-versa, if you only want to pay for a proton saga, don't expect a ferrari to turn up at your doorstep!

Last edited:
Haha! Just like the folk who exclaim,

"WHAT?! I have to pay $300 for you to put three stitches in my dog's belly?"

It's a major frustration whenever people who trivialise the jobs of others.

It's what goes on behind the scenes, or beneath the surface, that sometimes requires the greatest skill. Not to mention the training behind all that skill.

Good article and discussion here.

One more point to add for those budding Foto I mean Photographers....

There is a limited shelf life for wedding photographers. This is true for quite a few businesses out there as well.

Able to earn 100, even 200k per annum doesn't mean that you will be rich and retire by age 50. (Esp if you are the spendy type...buy this Audi and wife wants a Burkin). No investment = 100% not rich, that i can guarantee you.

A lot goes by the financials/$$$ sense as well.

PS, if you ask me...to do photography as a day-to-day bread-n-butter type of job/career....it's very difficult, make it impossible. You might as well join the SAF.

Last edited:
You might as well join the SAF.

not true anymore... SAF go by contract basis... and its worst actually... after your first contract if u dun sign on... u are already in your 30s... hard to find new job, so if SAF also dun want u. u are dead.

not true anymore... SAF go by contract basis... and its worst actually... after your first contract if u dun sign on... u are already in your 30s... hard to find new job, so if SAF also dun want u. u are dead.

Ehh...yeah...so you are correct. Already 5 years MR....out of touch. heh...

Dunno about gaffe ring everything in sight - it think this is a hobbits habit. Few full timers do this. Most gafferists if press for a reason will say it protects the camera, lens what ever from scratches so when I sell it off it can be called mint. Most full timers do not have time or energy to constant sell then buy new gear - you want some thing that works, not the latest thing out there that is unknown in terms of being able to perform. When the gear can not doing some thing that you need done because of its inherent limitations, it is time to shop for some that will by which time the old gear would have been used to recover it's cost many many times over.

If you look at just "how many hours" the wedding goes, that is understatement.
behind the scene works after hundreds even thousands photo files are tremendeous.