Why shoot models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many will blindly defend, but the truth is staring us in the face, there are CSers who are among us just for the skin. I hope one ore two will make a stand here and face up to some scrutiny.

Jose said:
I'm not talking about TFCD. I like honestly, and so far, no one has admitted that guys are just horny. What i don't understand is why must a model subject be a sexy babe? Can't it be the kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady? Why not pay them? I only see bikini shoots, nude shoots etc.

You can see naked girls anytime you want, if you know where to go. Why pay them by the hour and masquerade it as a "photo shoot"?

OIC, now you are talking about nude shoot,
Ok, people like to see naked woman and willing to paying money to photography them, is thier business, and also organizer's and models making money from it, this is also business, what wrong with that?

well, if you know go batam can get better deal for this kind of shoots, you can organize it, why not?

and also, if you like to shoot a kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady, think that also have a market for this kind of shoot, go ahead and organize it, why not?

catchlights said:
OIC, now you are talking about nude shoot,
Ok, people like to see naked woman and willing to paying money to photography them, is thier business, and also organizer's and models making money from it, this is also business, what wrong with that?

well, if you know go batam can get better deal for this kind of shoots, you can organize it, why not?

and also, if you like to shoot a kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady, think that also have a market for this kind of shoot, go ahead and organize it, why not?

Do you understand my point or are you just dense? It is NOT about the demand and supply. It is a question of ethics. Will you allow yourself to be called among the same people who attend these shoots?

Splutter said:
I've been shooting mainly friends or ppl I know. Too poor to get model all the time unless I really have some very interesting concept I want to pull off.

after seeing your works, you sure got alot of pretty friends hor?! :bsmilie:

Jose said:
If its for the babes? Then why not go to a pub? It's cheaper too :)

Jose.

Go pub do wat ? find wat? :dunno:

astroboy said:
Oh and your avatar is a pix of a sexy gal. Why? (sorry no offence... just using something as an example).

Why not a pix of a pet dog or goldfish?
:)

PS: i m not for nor against u, just think that u raised an interesting point :)

It is an interesting point and i'm glad you brought it up. Yes it is a pic of a sexy gal, and yes i like to look at it. It turns me on. And i would like everyone to be as bluntly honest as my last sentence was.

then shooting models make some photographers feel good inside? and maybe by shooting good models and with some good skills and equipment, they might make them look good which makes the models happy also? it works for all of them involved. they pay and they get money. everyone is happy so whats the fuss here about? :thumbsup:

Jose said:
Do you understand my point or are you just dense? It is NOT about the demand and supply. It is a question of ethics. Will you allow yourself to be called among the same people who attend these shoots?
So, if someone genuine want to study figure form of female and shooting nude, what would you suggest? :)

Koelsch said:
then shooting models make some photographers feel good inside? and maybe by shooting good models and with some good skills and equipment, they might make them look good which makes the models happy also? it works for all of them involved. they pay and they get money. everyone is happy so whats the fuss here about? :thumbsup:

No fuss! Just remarking on the ethical climate that this little community is precipitating.

catchlights said:
So, if someone genuine want to study figure form of female and shooting nude, what would you suggest? :)

Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! :) If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....

so what if some photographers are just there to see the ladies nude or in bikinis but produce crappy photos? it's their own business, are we talking about enthics of the models or the photographers here? either way, it's their business if they wanna shoot what they want.

when theres a market, there's bound to be buyers. so whatever the reason, whether you are rich or poor, you go to this market and buy your stuff. does it matter where you stay or what you wanna buy? :dunno:

Koelsch said:
so what if some photographers are just there to see the ladies nude or in bikinis but produce crappy photos? it's their own business, are we talking about enthics of the models or the photographers here? either way, it's their business if they wanna shoot what they want.

when theres a market, there's bound to be buyers. so whatever the reason, whether you are rich or poor, you go to this market and buy your stuff. does it matter where you stay or what you wanna buy? :dunno:

Thats exactly what i'm not talking about. Im not talking about the market, the demand, or the supply. I'm talking about ethics.

Jose said:
Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! :) If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....

Of course genuine, but I hardly join pay shoot, most of the time I being paid to shoot, and only offer TFCD. :)

Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....

I doubt many pple are as blunt as you, or has as many naked frens with which you may fulfil your "artistic" appettite. I think we should respect their privacy, what happens between the photographers, organisers and models is of no concern to the rest of us.

Once again, before anyone else asks for the umpteenth time. Not Demand//Supply. Ethics.

Will you count yourself among the CSers who join private nude/bikini/etc shoots for the skin-fest, but are unwilling to admit it? Intead they blemish the good name of clubsnap by calling themselves photographers, when they truly just want to see flesh?

Do you want these people to continue to use the word Clubsnap as an excuse? Is that the purpose of your forum?

ethics? so how about companys paying a photographer to shoot a model? :dunno:

so if their ethic is bad, may i ask, how are you planning to change their life? =) i personally feel that this is a subjective issue once again. nothing can stop a guy from shooting nude models if they want to. ppls need money, they do it, they happy can liao

Jose said:
Once again, before anyone else asks for the umpteenth time. Not Demand//Supply. Ethics.

Will you count yourself among the CSers who join private nude/bikini/etc shoots for the skin-fest, but are unwilling to admit it? Intead they blemish the good name of clubsnap by calling themselves photographers, when they truly just want to see flesh?

Do you want these people to continue to use the word Clubsnap as an excuse? Is that the purpose of your forum?

firstly, i don't own any cameras, so can i be considered a photographer? and for skin-fest? sentosa got so many too. hais. i is going to bed.

Porcubus Rex said:
I doubt many pple are as blunt as you, or has as many naked frens with which you may fulfil your "artistic" appettite. I think we should respect their privacy, what happens between the photographers, organisers and models is of no concern to the rest of us.

Is it truly of no concern to us? Will you call yourself a part of this community when there are those who choose to abuse the priveleges it gives you?

Status
Not open for further replies.