why picture turn out concave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at 40mm its still considered wide. But after the 1.5x crop on your D70, the wides are really that wide anymore. Unless you get something like the 10-22 or the 12-24.

n0d3 said:
I think at 40mm its still considered wide. But after the 1.5x crop on your D70, the wides are really that wide anymore. Unless you get something like the 10-22 or the 12-24.
I find that the widest I can go without serious distortion is 24mm...

erictan8888 said:
hi,

i took this shot of the city skyscrapers and it turned out kind of concave outwards....
i find that i quite like this kind of looks....

would like to know how this was done? (cause i can't remember what setting.... as far as i remember, i did not doing anything unusual-- yet shot turned out like that)

has it got to do with tripod angle, camera angle or what ?
hmm... cannot replicate this now, so would like to know how to do it...

comments for pic would be appreciated.... thanks

landscape1.jpg

If you are not looking for perfection, there are fast and reasonable ways to adjust the picture. Does the adjustment below work for you? The resolution is down a lot due to posting with cs gallery. It need not be res down with the method.
landscape1-adjust.jpg

erictan8888 said:
hi,

i took this shot of the city skyscrapers and it turned out kind of concave outwards....
i find that i quite like this kind of looks....

would like to know how this was done? (cause i can't remember what setting.... as far as i remember, i did not doing anything unusual-- yet shot turned out like that)

has it got to do with tripod angle, camera angle or what ?
hmm... cannot replicate this now, so would like to know how to do it...

comments for pic would be appreciated.... thanks

landscape1.jpg

hi! am also a noob in digital photography. also encountering this issue cos i take a lot of building photos, but am using a software called Picture Window Pro 3.5 to correct the leaning effect (hope you don't mind that i used your photo), as follows:

landscape1a.jpg

am not really a photoshop expert, so i use this instead because it is very user-friendly and extremely easy to use. please note that there will be some side-cropping after correcting, so better take slightly wider shots to compensate.

just my small contribution.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.