Why do photographers want to keep paid shoot photos all for themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiberty, did you read my post?

No one is obligated to give you an answer - it's as simple as that. I'm sure that if you survive this industry, you'll find out more reasons than you care to know. LOL!

Other than that, like another member mentioned ... it lies in the phrasing - one word different and the meaning changes. It might not help you much to get defensive, even if you feel in your heart you meant no offense.

Remember, I have nothing against you, now or in the past.

since you put it the most succiently and she still doesn't get it i think that pretty much sez it all don'tcha? :bsmilie:

ive worked with some really fantastic hardworking models, who have made shoots a joy.. for those, i have no problem in helping them out by letting them have a pic or 2 for their portfolios.. what comes around goes around.. e.g maybe they will gimme discount for future private shoots etc.

but for those cmi attitude etc.. they can dream if i am going to give them anything.

OMG , this thread is moving fast ! hayaku !!

TS tml got PC show , use the $$ from shoot get a gd PC :)

FYI: asus launching the new 7" 4GB mini laptop PC hee, BBB !

Paid shoot models can be practice target... TFCD model you practice target her, later she also take you as a REAL practice target...
kill.gif
:bsmilie:
har lo, all my photos are deliverable one okie?? don't pray pray.

lol

Read before accusing ;)

Seriously. I don't think you got the gist of it. From your last post. You still haven't got the point.

I never knew you could lag so badly to forget Dream Merchant's post so long ago yet can reply to him in 2 minutes

Read before accusing ;)

Seriously. I don't think you got the gist of it. From your last post. You still haven't got the point.

I never knew you could lag so badly to forget Dream Merchant's post so long ago yet can reply to him in 2 minutes

Same thing can be said about you young lady...:nono:

Many had taken the time and efforts to reply TS's question. TS simply refused take an answer that is not to her liking. That is pathetic.

Shiberty, did you read my post?

No one is obligated to give you an answer - it's as simple as that. I'm sure that if you survive this industry, you'll find out more reasons than you care to know. LOL!

Other than that, like another member mentioned ... it lies in the phrasing - one word different and the meaning changes. It might not help you much to get defensive, even if you feel in your heart you meant no offense.

Remember, I have nothing against you, now or in the past.

Yeah, I've read your post, sorry for the late reply~ My com is lagging like dunno what.

Your reply has helped me understand the situation better, thank you :)

Many had taken the time and efforts to reply TS's question. TS simply refused take an answer that is not to her liking. That is pathetic.
The TS stated that her com lagged leh...

She is just curious and just doesn't understand why.

Shiberty, look back at all the posts - the most likely reasons are already shared openly by the photographers.

One can read yet not understand, just as one can listen yet not hear.

mei mei,

think carefully lar,

if you want nice nice photos,

best find a good photographer,

ask for a TFCD session.

he/she can be very picky,

cos lots of model has ask for TFCD before

cos he/she is good,

and since he/she is good,

hardly will pay a model to shoot,

since so many model want him/her to shoot TFCD

unless the client pay the model and to ask him/her to shoot,

or the model is really good and has something he/she is looking for,

so if he/she willing to do TFCD for you,

sure got good photo one.

mei mei,

think carefully lar,

if you want nice ...............................sure got good photo one.

Wah B, U trying to follw my nong nong essay make book and sell make $$$ ah? :bsmilie:

Why bother asking a question when you refuse to take the answers that all the photographers gave you?

You are already being paid for the shoot. Whether or not the photog gives you any photos is totally up to his discretion. What you are asking for is the best of both worlds, pay you, and still give you the photos. Where got such a good deal?

If you want photos, that is what TFCD is for. You build up your portfolio by doing TFCDs, not by doing paid shoots and then requesting photog to send you photos to help you build portfolio. This effectively means that the photog is paying you to help you build up your portfolio. Again, do you think such a good deal exist?

If you still can't get what everybody in the thread are trying to tell you, then this industry is probably not suitable for you.

hehehehh

btw, if you don't like to TFCD.........................,

you also can pay the photographer to shoot you and give you all the photos.

lol

my one can sing rap. lol

Dun forget not to sign off all the rights to the music distributors hor! :bsmilie:

U sing rap we hoot U performing can? :bigeyes::devil::devil: I promise to give you a few good prints. *WINK* WINK*

CHEERS!

What makes you think I haven't read all of their answers? I've read all of them. Just because I asked for their opinions, does not mean that I have to agree with them. And just because I've read them, doesn't mean I have to reply them, right? There are so many replies. And my com IS lagging - you think I made it up for some joke?

I was simply interested to know what others think and feel, that is why I started the thread. Reading their answers has helped me understand the situation better. I've already stated that.

Many have already formed biased opinions so quickly just by reading the first post - That is evident in their posts. Take your replies, for example.

"So? What are you trying to get here? I know it's the school holidays but that doesn't entitle you any special privileges for photoshoots."

Since when, have I claimed I deserve special privileges?
Since when, did I demand photos from the photographers?

I don't think I was very offensive, was I? And if I offended some photographers, should I apologise for their interpretion problems?

Well, if it makes you happy, here's a big "I'M SORRY!!!" for you.

What I only wanted to know was photographers' personal opinions on whether they would give some photos from paid shoots to the models. And if they would not, I was curious to know why.

That is all. What part of "I'm fairly new to modelling, anyone care to englighten me?" says "WHY CAN'T WE HAVE OUR PHOTOS HUH? YOU PHOTOGRAPHERS SUCK!"

But what kind of replies do I get?

Sarcastic, unhelpful replies from people who just think I'm a XMM who doesn't know **** and needs to faster get back to school. True, I don't know ****, that is why I am asking for help here right? Does it make any good difference to tell me I don't know shit?

As I have said earlier, the way my question in the Title Thread was phrased comes from my limited understanding of the situation.

I agree, some of you mentioned I'm not suitable for this "industry" - perhaps I should go to another forum where photographers aren't so quick to be so judemental on newbie models who just want to know more.

Having said my final piece, I'm leaving the thread now - quite pointless to stay on & argue :)

Oh ya, just to add something:

Thank you to all the members who have tried to answer my question without being too offensive. I appreciate that! :D

Byebye now.

btw... i can see why you want to get pics.. the portfolio pics u have.. arent very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.