why do a lot of photographers have 50mm lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 50mm lens always reminds me the good old days, the days before DSLR and before autofocus and before affordable zoom lens. In the 70s/80s, when we bought the SLR, it always came with a 50mm lens. And everyone started out with the 50mm lens and tried out different aperture and different perspective.

Astin said:
The 50mm lens always reminds me the good old days, the days before DSLR and before autofocus and before affordable zoom lens. In the 70s/80s, when we bought the SLR, it always came with a 50mm lens. And everyone started out with the 50mm lens and tried out different aperture and different perspective.

It reminded me of the good old days too! ;)

THEMAN said:
Umm.. on a digital body - does that mean we should be picking up a 35mm f1.8 (to accomodate the multiplier)?

I am afraid there is no 35/1.8 for Canon (not sure of others). But do you need it? Or do you visualise yourself to need it at all?

Got mine 50mm/f1.8 Mkii at $135 at ms last week......

theITguy said:
I am afraid there is no 35/1.8 for Canon (not sure of others). But do you need it? Or do you visualise yourself to need it at all?
The closest is the EF 35mm f2. Then there's also the much more expensive EF 35mm f1.4L. ;) Nikon also has a 35mm f2 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.