Why Are Cyclists Hated Around The World?

One can dream though, that one day, Gwyneth Paltrow would want to ride slowly and hog the road.

556514_10150973799423744_238578883_n.jpg

maybe they should pay road tax like other road users ? lolzzz :bsmilie:

They should be made to pass a highway code first.

i am okay with cyclists on the road, good for the environment, if they
A. Are licensed
B. Have 3rd party insurance
C. Highway code
D. Follow traffic rules
E. pay COE
F. Wear helmet
G. Ride single file
H. Stay 1.5m away from me
I. Have proper lighting at night
J. Wear light coloured clothes
K. Keep to the side

i am okay with cyclists on the road, good for the environment, if they
A. Are licensed
B. Have 3rd party insurance
C. Highway code
D. Follow traffic rules
E. pay COE
F. Wear helmet
G. Ride single file
H. Stay 1.5m away from me
I. Have proper lighting at night
J. Wear light coloured clothes
K. Keep to the side

I agree with everything you wrote except the COE part. Kinda hard to encourage riders when they gotta pay so much for a bicycle.

It's the goddamn mindset of some of these cyclist. They think that just because they are on a bicycle, the whole damn world has to give way to them regardless of what they do.

I agree with everything you wrote except the COE part. Kinda hard to encourage riders when they gotta pay so much for a bicycle.

It's the goddamn mindset of some of these cyclist. They think that just because they are on a bicycle, the whole damn world has to give way to them regardless of what they do.

They can have Category F COE, maybe cheaper than motorcycle? :think:

And with the money maybe the govenment can build proper bicycle lanes for cyclists.

Last edited:
They should be made to pass a highway code first.

Exactly. I do not see why motorcyclists should go through all theory testing on using the roads and subjected to road regulations when
there are no strict rules on even more vulnerable cyclists on helmet wearing / road hand signs to signal direction or movement / lights.
Accidents can easily happen when one party becomes too complacent about safety and assumes other road users will look out for them.