Who owns a Patek?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
panerai biggest is 47mm. maybe i just get the Azimuth bomber just look the same as the IWC.... I'm happy to CS members collecting watches too and it's good investment just like our lenses....haha

Haha advise and warning for all watch collectors, watches are not good investment but do collect to anyway to be happy and wear them.

Munk said:
panerai biggest is 47mm. maybe i just get the Azimuth bomber just look the same as the IWC.... I'm happy to CS members collecting watches too and it's good investment just like our lenses....haha

Dennis said:
Haha advise and warning for all watch collectors, watches are not good investment but do collect to anyway to be happy and wear them.
Well there are models that appreciate in value right?

Dennis said:
It's a good investment if u have a vintage sport model for Rolex.

Oh yes of course but most of them are astronomical in price and available only in auction house.
However it reminds me of some missed opportunities.
When I got my first Rolex, a explorer white face, imagine the surprise when I got an offer for it (with afew hundred extra) when I walk out of the watch shop. At that time it was the the hot watch with everywhere no stock.
Another time was offered a Patek 5000 (very rare) at a very good price but did not make the decision on the spot, went back the next day and it was sold. Later found out the owner made a hafty $10k selling it in 2 months time. If he had kept it it would have been even more now.
I advise to buy what you will ware and ware them but not solely for investment.

RossChang said:
Well there are models that appreciate in value right?

didn't know there is so many watch collectors here! & wow Dennis, u sure have an impressive collection of watches...:bigeyes: I think my dad will be glad to know u ;).

wrx_sti_22b said:
Ferrari owners usually have Girard Perregaux... hor?
GP made the Ferrari version of the watch.

Thanks but my collections are nothing compared to many.
I just love the workings of a watch.

polo_pro10 said:
didn't know there is so many watch collectors here! & wow Dennis, u sure have an impressive collection of watches...:bigeyes: I think my dad will be glad to know u ;).

Dennis said:
Oh yes of course but most of them are astronomical in price and available only in auction house.
However it reminds me of some missed opportunities.
When I got my first Rolex, a explorer white face, imagine the surprise when I got an offer for it (with afew hundred extra) when I walk out of the watch shop. At that time it was the the hot watch with everywhere no stock.
Another time was offered a Patek 5000 (very rare) at a very good price but did not make the decision on the spot, went back the next day and it was sold. Later found out the owner made a hafty $10k selling it in 2 months time. If he had kept it it would have been even more now.

My dad use to be a diver in the 60s n 70s. He bought a Rolex Comex SeaDweller(ref 1665) from one of the comex diver for about 550 UKpound in late 60s. After keeping it for about 35yrs he sold it at nearly $15k and get himself a President Daydate.

Dennis said:
Oh of course... tat's why I'll never buy any leather straps... cos I just dun like them, and the fact that they wear and tear faster than normal bracelet would result them being less used...

haha must be sleeping :sweatsm:
Seriously some watches just don't come in bracelet except leather.

RossChang said:
Oh of course... tat's why I'll never buy any leather straps... cos I just dun like them, and the fact that they wear and tear faster than normal bracelet would result them being less used...

RossChang said:

But some watches their leather strap version is nicer than their bracelet version. Some the bracelet uses small links i think it's ugly. Leather strap version might look more elegant, classic, retro & maybe even more manly.

There is a Longine range the shape of the watch face like Franck Muller, tat range, the leather straps version nicer & more classic looking than the metal bracelet version.

Dennis said:
haha must be sleeping :sweatsm:
Seriously some watches just don't come in bracelet except leather.
Yea... tat's sad to know... cos if I ever buy a leather straps... the watch would probably end up in the closet instead of my hand... tat is... if I EVER have tat extra cash...:cry:

The bad things about leather strap is it really stink if ur sweat soak in it. They should make like Zodiac watches now all the strap smell of vanilla to prevent stinky smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.