which photo editing programme do you use?

which photo editing software do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Just curious, but do you guys so-called "mass edit" every single photos that is not going to the recycle bin(deleted)? Or do you only edit those that is potentially nice?

Technically batch processing don't exist. If you cannot see the difference in every image that cannot be batch processed, then it is about training your eye to see colors better. Every image differs in terms of color, gradation, warmth and tone, and it is virtually impossible to do batch process. Therefore it only makes sense to edit those images that are good, and archive the bad ones, so that we can use that to monitor our "growth" as a photographer and not repeating those mistakes.

i normally shoot in raw format (ARW in sony). so converting these to jpeg would require me to use Sony's Image Data Converter. within this program, i can already adjust the following on the raw file before i convert to jpeg;
brightness
White balance
creative style
contrast
d-range optimizer
highlight color distortion reduction
color
peripheral illumination
sharpness
noise
curve
display control

of all the above, i use brightness, white balance adjustment, and DR adjustment extensively before converting an image to jpeg.
additional adjustment if required be it simple or heavy post processing is done via photoshop.

photomatix for hdr photos but seldom do hdr photos nowadays

How about Photoshop Elements? Does anyone use this and how different is it from CS5?

I am trying out the DXO photo editing programme, now using the trial version.
Just mine personal opinon, I find the noise reduction and sharpening function to work really well, unlike previous ones that I have used.
If all goes well, I may buy the actual version.
Any bros with negative experience about DXO to share?

Last edited:
For my use, i find the free GIMP v2.6.10 very good enough.
There are lots of useful plug-ins also in the GIMP registry site.

i'm a fan of open-source free stuff hahaha... that's just me. :think:

Using Adobe Photoshop CS5 and LightRoom 3. LR3 as my quick, fast dirty editing software and if only need to do more things I will export to CS5 to do my works there. But so far it's like a 98% of my time is in LR3 only.

I'm using LR 3.3 now but since the trial expire.. =( any idea as to where can I get it? Coz the price is scary..

photoshop when i have the free time, picassa when i er... have less free time haha

photoscape. lots of fun to use! :thumbsup:

Adobe CS5. Loads of features. Good!

I'm using LR 3.3 now but since the trial expire.. =( any idea as to where can I get it? Coz the price is scary..

any pro photo software is not cheap but it does get the job done - if you are just a hobbyist then software that comes with ur camera is good enough or google fr freewares! Lr3 u can get it online or direct frm adobe DL mode. there is also 'student promo fr Cs5 if ur a student up to poly ;) u should look up the forum here n see how bros work on edit wares

:D

Hi, hw much is the student rate for cs5? Or is there any other software with channel mixer?

Hi, hw much is the student rate for cs5? Or is there any other software with channel mixer?

CS5 for Education is $119.00, I bought one using my daughter primary school student card. (In fact any valid primary/secondary/Poly/JC/Uni listed on their web site.

Go to www.mine.com.sg

polar28 said:
CS5 for Education is $119.00, I bought one using my daughter primary school student card. (In fact any valid primary/secondary/Poly/JC/Uni listed on their web site.

Go to www.mine.com.sg

Thanks alot.