Which one should I buy D700 or D610?

Sure they can. And they did.

Technology makes things easier, sure. But back in the day without such technology, photographers will still get the shot, just that they have to think more to get around the problem. Photographers nowadays are getting lazier and less willing to use the matter between their ears.

I have young junior photographers getting angry and screaming that they cannot do the job because they don't have this and that in place. As photographers, one of your biggest job is to problem solve to get the shot. I let them know this concept of course, before I fired them.

supposing modern and better technology is to help photographers for doing their job easier, but it makes so many photographers become handicap in the end, it is no longer a blessing, but a curse! lol

supposing modern and better technology is to help photographers for doing their job easier, but it makes so many photographers become handicap in the end, it is no longer a blessing, but a curse! lol

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah everyone spends so much time looking at the different models they forget to shoot pictures. God gets mad at you when you don't take pictures of his beautiful things. :)

Last edited:
TS - with that kindda budget, I'd suggest getting tamron 24-70mm VC. Get a speedlight too if you don't have any.
after getting few clients, than get yourself an FX camera. D7k is still a good camera.

I need some advise on buying a FX camera. I'm mostly shoot weddings but the problem is I'm using a DX D7000 and I'm planning to upgrade to a FX camera. An I'm on a budget. Can anyone help me ?

P.S. I'm aware the pros and cons for both DSLR.

TS, i think u prob need to consider whether to stay on DX or shift (not upgrade) to FX.

As a D600 (now D610) user myself, i would say that D610 is just a D7000 with side borders. With the exact D7000 AF system, u would feel like u r shooting weddings with your old D7000. For FX for weddings, the best choice now is still D750, with its fps, low light performance and AF system. But that requires budget for a D750 and a pro zoom lens or a set of 1.8 primes. That would mean abt $4k at least for an overhaul.

The alternative is to stay on the DX track. A Sigma 18-35 f1.8, coupled with a 50 f1.8 and an 85 f1.8, could stay well within the $1500 budget (if u know where to buy frm). These fast primes/zoom can complement your existing DX lens arsenal.

Of course, this is just gear talk from me. For a real professional, give him a lousy camera and lens (or even film camera), he still has the skills to churn out beautiful wedding pics. :)

TS, i think u prob need to consider whether to stay on DX or shift (not upgrade) to FX. As a D600 (now D610) user myself, i would say that D610 is just a D7000 with side borders. With the exact D7000 AF system, u would feel like u r shooting weddings with your old D7000. For FX for weddings, the best choice now is still D750, with its fps, low light performance and AF system. But that requires budget for a D750 and a pro zoom lens or a set of 1.8 primes. That would mean abt $4k at least for an overhaul. The alternative is to stay on the DX track. A Sigma 18-35 f1.8, coupled with a 50 f1.8 and an 85 f1.8, could stay well within the $1500 budget (if u know where to buy frm). These fast primes/zoom can complement your existing DX lens arsenal. Of course, this is just gear talk from me. For a real professional, give him a lousy camera and lens (or even film camera), he still has the skills to churn out beautiful wedding pics. :)

I've got the primes covered. Basically I have a nikon 50 f1.4, 105 f2.5 and a 28 f2.8 all AI-S lens. I don't really own a AF lens bcos I don't really like the plastic build but that's just a personal thing hehe. I want to get a fx because I don't really want the focal multiplier.

I need some advise on buying a FX camera. I'm mostly shoot weddings but the problem is I'm using a DX D7000 and I'm planning to upgrade to a FX camera. An I'm on a budget. Can anyone help me ?

P.S. I'm aware the pros and cons for both DSLR.

If the FX cam you want to buy cost X amount, factor it to your next project. The formula should be X + a few hundreds dollars. That is how I accumulate so many toys along the ways.