Which of the following lens are better for Human Portrait?

Hmm... true, I'll take that into consideration... Thanks~!

But let's say, if I get a FF body in future, is getting 135L better than 85mm?

I see this all the time. People getting lenses in anticipation that they will get a FF camera in the future. What about now? You will have to live with the lens now with your current camera. And if the focal length is just nice on FF, it will be very tight and hard to use on your current camera. This is so illogical. Might as well get a 85/1.8 now (it is cheap), and when you finally upgraded to a FF camera, then get the 135L. By then, you can sell the 85 if you don't want it anymore, and still not lose much anyways.

Wanna take outdoor portraits of human. Which of the following lens are better?

• 85mm F1.8
  • 135mm F2.0L
  • 70-200 F4L IS or F2.8L no IS

Lets talk about using them mainly for outdoor portrait only. (For e.g no need to mention 70-200 can be also use for indoor etc)

Thanks~!

all can be used

just that for a more normal looking ratio (e.g. eyes to nose comparative size, to ears, etc) , do note that you should not go too close with the lenses with shorter focal length.

I will go for 85L .....

i personally will opt for 85mm, as i prefer a less tight crop:)

I'd say 85mm F1.8

But I don't have that lens right now. So, I'm using my 50mm f/1.4 which I really like.

If your deciding which lens to get using focal length, u might want to rent a 70-200 and go walk about and shoot some portraits. Then see which focal length u use more n decide based on that.

if you are using canon system, i think the 50mm F1.8 is good

Just thinking about it logically, the longer your focal length, the greater your working distance will be for the same FOV. 85 on a DX (1.5x) cam already I can feel is quite far. I shudder to think how far you'd need to stand for 135. Kinda difficult to work out of earshot :)

And also in Singapore, the further you are apart, the greater the risk that someone might walk in between. Or have to stand and stare, which results in a rushed shot.

Wanna take outdoor portraits of human. Which of the following lens are better?

• 85mm F1.8
  • 135mm F2.0L
  • 70-200 F4L IS or F2.8L no IS

Lets talk about using them mainly for outdoor portrait only. (For e.g no need to mention 70-200 can be also use for indoor etc)

Thanks~!

i will recom u use 70-200 and determine the focal length which u are comfortable shooting at and suit ur style den think abt primes..

On a APS-C sensor, I'd pick a 50mm, which is equiv to 80mm for your canon
If on FF, I'd go with the 85mm 1.8

Judging from the lens selection, I'm assuming you want to take head & shoulder shots?
I feel 135mm on a crop is a bit tight..

Thanks for the reply~!
From the replies from you guys, seems that 135L is really to tight from cropped body. (Though I have not try it out myself)

After so research & reviews on the internet, I considering the 85 F1.8 & 24-70.

check out the new tamron 70-300 VC.