Which lens to get for newbie?

And yes, I got the kit lens that came along with the dslr! :)

Thank you! You know where I'm coming from!

I just got a 2nd hand Pentax k-r for a good price.

I compared it with the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 50D, and felt most comfortable with this one ;)

I'm excited to get started now!

Glad that you found the camera you like. Enjoy shooting!

thoongeng said:
70-200 f2.8 is serious poison
then again look at her APAD and iphone also poison! hehe...

Awww, you're too kind, uncle thoongeng! :bsmilie:

70-200 f2.8 is serious poison
then again look at her APAD and iphone also poison! hehe...

Yes, the 70-200 f2.8 is serious poison....I got it after the CB9..

Bon Bon's iphone camera is also poisonous too....

Yes, the 70-200 f2.8 is serious poison....I got it after the CB9..

Bon Bon's iphone camera is also poisonous too....

To fully appreciate the power of the 70-200/2.8 IS II, you need to get a FF body... Time to pick up that mark3 bro.

To fully appreciate the power of the 70-200/2.8 IS II, you need to get a FF body... Time to pick up that mark3 bro.

walau...let me recover first bah. otoh, also waiting for photokina, see if got anything interesting.

That day when I was thinking of getting up the 5d3, *Right outside the shop* I wasn't able to get pass the thought of spending 4k on a FF body, and I left :p

catchlights said:
70-200f2.8 is my primary lens nowadays.

Hahaha see jazzye?? Just get it now and save your money by not spending it on unnecessary other lenses. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hahaha see jazzye?? Just get it now and save your money by not spending it on unnecessary other lenses. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Someone once told me "Get the best, forget the rest" :bsmilie:

SkyStrike said:

That someone must be awesome. :bsmilie: best advice ever. :bsmilie:

Thank you! You know where I'm coming from!

I just got a 2nd hand Pentax k-r for a good price.

I compared it with the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 50D, and felt most comfortable with this one ;)

I'm excited to get started now!

Great! Unfortunately now you need to learn the camera controls, read the manual, learn the theories of exposure/focus/composition etc etc ;)

Can join the various outings organised here and ask around for advice. If you're interested in landscapes the master daredevil123 just started organising outings again, watch out and book early, the latest one fully booked within a day!

Awww, you're too kind, uncle thoongeng! :bsmilie:

err... I know I'm not that young anymore but am also not that old lei hehe...

Sounds damn familiar... Lol

time to go to 1DX and D4!!! :bsmilie:

Please la thoongeng, i am no where close to being expert, much less master... I am just another GWC.

daredevil123 said:
Please la thoongeng, i am no where close to being expert, much less master... I am just another GWC.

Huh? Grandmaster shifu, you are too humble!

:confused:

:think: hmm ok the GWC with nice photos, wrote many informative articles, organises outings, 14+k posts in clubsnap ;p

daredevil123 said:
It is true... you are the real shifu here Ras...

No, i am but a grasshopper before you