Which lens to get for D50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExplorerZ said:
sigma focusing sldn't be that bad since it have HSM... might be slower than swm but definitely faster than af-d imo. the only sad thing is coat peeling :bheart:

True sad thing is the peeling problem but it is still a value for money len.:angel:

Reno said:
get the nikon AF-D 80-200/F2.8, AF-S 80-200/F2.8 or AF-S 70-200/ F2.8 VR... you won't go wrong. There are a couple of AF-D 80-200/F2.8 and a AF-S 80-200/F2.8 for sale in the B&S thread. So go take a look. The speed, built and image quality is very good for 3 lens. AF-D is a bit slower as than the 2. The nikon price is higher but it is only a one time investment and you won't regret getting either one of them. Take your time to go throught and dun rush into buying.

I am selling off my AF-D 80-200mm/F2.8 in the B&S threa. Let me know if you are interested... ;p

im considering AD-D 80-200 F2.8 as well.. but i was thinking will the weight of it be a hindrance to carry it around? Since i think i will be moving around quite alot if shoot soccer.

Wats your reason for selling?

sound-of-rev said:
im considering AD-D 80-200 F2.8 as well.. but i was thinking will the weight of it be a hindrance to carry it around? Since i think i will be moving around quite alot if shoot soccer.

Wats your reason for selling?

Well.... got the AF-S 70-200/F2.8 VR on impulse.... if you ask me which to sell.. of course i am selling the AF-D 80-200/F2.8.

Well.... since you are using it more often to shoot soccer. you only bring to the soccer field only right? I think the weight is ok since you are not walking around the whole day with the lens. The lens is around 1.4- 1.5kg... with a monopod... it will aid you alot in shooting.

valkyrie said:
True sad thing is the peeling problem but it is still a value for money len.:angel:

care to elaborate whats this peeling problem is? and how significant it is to the performance of the lens?

sound-of-rev said:
care to elaborate whats this peeling problem is? and how significant it is to the performance of the lens?

The paint coating will start to peel after a year or 2. Mine is gaffer so i dont know. I dare not take away the gaffer tape.:bsmilie: Rest assured that the slight peeling will not affect the performance of the len at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.