Which Broadband ISP and Service Plan is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamerz said:
jus to note...wat u say abt hk plan is half correct half wrong...100mbps apply only to hk network...they are still throttled by oversea bw...althought they oversea bw are larger...

haha..u can sign up singnet without contract too..jus that u dun get the premuim price...thats biz tactics....

I agree. But still, they are REALLY MUCH MUCH FASTER. I think Singtel 10mbps plan is sufficient for my current needs. I've asked the customer service people on 1625 several times from several different people, AS WELL AS customer service people at their retail outlets. ALL of them said, MUST HAVE CONTRACT. No choice. If Singtel is going to be like that, then they can forget about me moving over to their service.

what is the current offer for starhub or singtel .... in dec was the notebooks... now damned lousy free gifts.... xbox 360? :thumbsd:

samsiu said:
I agree. But still, they are REALLY MUCH MUCH FASTER. I think Singtel 10mbps plan is sufficient for my current needs. I've asked the customer service people on 1625 several times from several different people, AS WELL AS customer service people at their retail outlets. ALL of them said, MUST HAVE CONTRACT. No choice. If Singtel is going to be like that, then they can forget about me moving over to their service.
haha...is it...last time my fren sign up 3mth contract without the special price jus because he 1 to test the speed b4 confirming to sign a further 1yr contract...mayb now the rules change liao...u can jump ship to pacnet if u dun like singnet...

Canonised said:
what is the current offer for starhub or singtel .... in dec was the notebooks... now damned lousy free gifts.... xbox 360? :thumbsd:
haha...singnet1500 is free $200 best or singtel mobile voucher...singnet3500 reduce in price to 47/mth...singnet 10mbps/20mbps is $500 best or singtel mobile voucher...all singnet plan wif 2 yr contract...starhub 2000 freebie is home wireless network equipment...6500 n ultimate is xbox 360 or olympus camera...with 2 yr contract oso iirc...

dreamerz said:
haha...is it...last time my fren sign up 3mth contract without the special price jus because he 1 to test the speed b4 confirming to sign a further 1yr contract...mayb now the rules change liao...u can jump ship to pacnet if u dun like singnet...

There is a clause somewhere in PacNet terms that if you terminate your service with them you have to pay for termination fee. Same as activation fee. Is that still in force. It would be interesting to note that the next few months we will see the introduction of WiMax in Singapore. Pacnet, M1 and some others will introduce Wireless Broadband. Even though speed is moderate at 2mpbs max or so, what we are seeing here is competition. Singnet and Starhub has been monopolising the broadband market for too long with their "take it or leave it terms and pricing". I really hope that there will be a huge advancement of broadband technology in Singapore soon.

The next IT/PC Show will start sometime in early March. That's like 2-3 weeks away. I'm sure there'll be plenty of new freebies and promotion on offer. I for one am not very interested in the freebies. I could have gotten 2 different sets of freebies if I were to get those contract/promotion bundles. I've stayed and is still with Starhub. What I want is the best and latest and fastest internet service without paying through the nose. Being tied to a service plan for 2 years just because the freebies is just too good to ignore is risky. You may be stuck paying the same amount of money for the next two years when the pricing of broadband will drop dramatically due to competition, and worst of all, when you are paying more money for plan where the speed, for example, 10mbps, is slower that what the new, in-the-near-future, plan is something like 100mbps.

Think about it....

samsiu said:
There is a clause somewhere in PacNet terms that if you terminate your service with them you have to pay for termination fee. Same as activation fee. Is that still in force. It would be interesting to note that the next few months we will see the introduction of WiMax in Singapore. Pacnet, M1 and some others will introduce Wireless Broadband. Even though speed is moderate at 2mpbs max or so, what we are seeing here is competition. Singnet and Starhub has been monopolising the broadband market for too long with their "take it or leave it terms and pricing". I really hope that there will be a huge advancement of broadband technology in Singapore soon.
haha..ya..but wimax is still new even its push out to our market...n mayb quite unstable for the first few yr...jus like when adsl jus push out last time...nt sure abt the price...but it was said to be cheaper than our current plan...i oso hope the introduction of new services n companies will reduce the price...so we can pay less n invest the money we save on other things...i wonder when will 100mbps come...haha...:bsmilie:

In japan/korea, some home user are now enjoying super high speed on optical. Wherelse local here still on copper. :(

Back to the question cost is more important to make the choice, next factor is that when you play online game maybe you need the point to point.

Ok...ok... After much discussions, what is the majority conclusion? Starhub or SingNet?:dunno:

FYI, while I was on business trip to Guangzhou last year, I could download a 300MB odd movie in less than 10 minutes at the hotel (I was bored then). Now, that was fast!

photobum said:
Ok...ok... After much discussions, what is the majority conclusion? Starhub or SingNet?:dunno:

FYI, while I was on business trip to Guangzhou last year, I could download a 300MB odd movie in less than 10 minutes at the hotel (I was bored then). Now, that was fast!

None for me...

I used to subscribe try magix , scv , pacnet. Now under singnetBB . magix is the fastest. Overall, all the services are equally bad and so are the speed. SingnetBB is the most stable (for gamers).

What can we do, different name, same monopoly. :sweat:

Generally fine with starhub connection, fast and smooth.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.