--- Which Brand Of Portable Music Player Do You Own Now, Have Owned or Planning To

--- Which Brand Of Portable Music Player Do You Own Now, Have Owned, Planning To Own

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Apple is their marketing is very strong so that is why it's a clear winner on this poll. It's all about marketing your product. If you see almost every where there is an iPod user but not the rest. As human nature when you see your friends have an iPod you will want to get one as well to blend in with the crowd. Not because it sounds great but because you have something in common you can share with.

Those who appreciates music will know that iPod does not produce the best sound of an mp3player. Good ear/headphones also helps the music to sound better as well.

For my own personal opinion, I think iRiver produce a better sound quality than iPod.

In fact just one month ago a couple of my friends of mine did a blind test on 5 mp3 players.......iRiver L Player 8GB, iPod Touch 8GB, Creative Zen 16GB, SONY NWZ-A820 16GB and Microsoft ZUNE 8GB.

Using 2 ear phones (Shure SE310 Sound Isolating Earphones and Sony MDR-EX90) and 2 headphones (Kenwood KH-K1000 and Sony MDR-V900HD) in a sound proof room (yeah we had a friend's place which had one of those high end home theater system).

Guess which came up tops?

1. Sony
2. iRiver
3. Creative Zen
4. iPod
5. Microsoft Zune

The test was conducted with 7 panelist whom uses mp3 almost every single day. They too were surprise with the results. The best part was, there was one die hard iPod user chose either Sony and iRiver as his favourite in the blind test. The very next day, he gave his iPod Touch to his son........and bought himself a SONY NWZ-A820 16GB.....wahaha.....:bsmilie:

Guess which came up tops?

1. Sony
2. iRiver
3. Creative Zen
4. iPod
5. Microsoft Zune

The test was conducted with 7 panelist whom uses mp3 almost every single day. They too were surprise with the results. The best part was, there was one die hard iPod user chose either Sony and iRiver as his favourite in the blind test. The very next day, he gave his iPod Touch to his son........and bought himself a SONY NWZ-A820 16GB.....wahaha.....:bsmilie:

nice :thumbsup:

luckily i got myself a SONY. but i do agree that the iPod Touch sure looks sexy with it's large screen and interface. and all these for some off-the-roof price... i'd think twice about getting it :nono:

nice :thumbsup:

luckily i got myself a SONY. but i do agree that the iPod Touch sure looks sexy with it's large screen and interface. and all these for some off-the-roof price... i'd think twice about getting it :nono:

That's what you just said......."It just looks sexy"........mp3 is mainly use for listening.....not to show off. Plus most mp3 players have quite unique looks

Okay I own the still really reliable iPod Photo. Before this was the Zen and way way before this lots of CD and Cassette mini portable players but the one I am most proud of and am lucky to be around to own one when the portable music player came about was the first Sony Walkman! How many old fart here were in the same shoe here? heheheh

sony_walk_man.jpg

It's amazing how far it has come.

Okay I own the still really reliable iPod Photo. Before this was the Zen and way way before this lots of CD and Cassette mini portable players but the one I am most proud of and am lucky to be around to own one when the portable music player came about was the first Sony Walkman! How many old fart here were in the same shoe here? heheheh

sony_walk_man.jpg

Yes.....I am one of those guilty ones.......

But the premium WM was this one......my personal fav.....lasted for years before I switch to MD.

img_wm-504.jpg

well i said Samsung will lead eventually as today it Manufactures Major components of Apple Ipod.thought the product research is done by Apple but manufactured by Samsung and few others.

Samsung gets a big advantage after Patent regime by Apple :)

yes apple is apple what ever u say may it be portability or battery life or the price to performance .

cheers
Sudhir

Samsung make good hardware components but they make difficult to use products that only sell because they're cheap.

I'm using a 4th generation iPod although I've tried using my hand phone. I don't see the differences in audio in iPod competitors to be so big that I'd give up Apple's huge advantage in ease of use for slightly better audio.

The only reason I can see changing to another brand is if I switched permanently to Linux and until Adobe Photoshop, etc. run on Linux, there is little chance of that happening. The closest I get to playing .ogg files is when I play Unreal Tournament/2004/3.

well i said Samsung will lead eventually as today it Manufactures Major components of Apple Ipod.thought the product research is done by Apple but manufactured by Samsung and few others.

Samsung gets a big advantage after Patent regime by Apple :)

yes apple is apple what ever u say may it be portability or battery life or the price to performance .

cheers
Sudhir

Sure, Samsung makes the main processor in a few of the iPods. I believe Broadcom makes the part for other iPod models and PortalPlayer may not be involved with Apple any longer, though they were the first and had supplied parts for the whole industry until about 3 years ago. Of course, since Apple bought P.A. Semi, they might not need Samsung, Broadcom, or anyone else for iPod components since the company has already been designing CPUs.

I'm waiting for Korean companies like Samsung and LG to understand ease-of-use and start to apply it to their products. Once they do that, I think we'll see exactly what you're saying.

meizu miniplayer m6 sl version. not sure if anyone heard of it. :)

sony_walk_man.jpg

I have this sitting in my room, however, it's not working anymore :(

I have this sitting in my room, however, it's not working anymore :(

It might be worth something on ebay man heheh... I wish I still had mine. I sold it away after about a year of use to get a slimmer more nicer looking AIWA with the auto reverse bit heh...man...they sure have come a long way. I was googling about and saw numerous ones historically from cassette tape to CD to DAT to MD to Mp3.

None of the other brands even reach half of the number of votes of iPod :bsmilie:
in a sense, it's a pretty accurate representation of the current market.

I love my iPod by the way, and spoken from an ex-creative, ex-iriver person. I don't really care about the sound, I just want something simple to use and store my music in a fuss-free manner.

Oh yes, and the only mp3 player to be fully compatible with a Macbook since I use iTunes to catalogue the music, I can't drag and drop anymore. haha

i'm using a 30GB ipod. for me, it's convenient because i operate on a mac, and the ipod syncs wonderfully with my itunes and podcasts.

meizu miniplayer m6 sl version. not sure if anyone heard of it. :)

Yes!! I have the M6 subvariant just before SL (slightly thicker, I think). Great player. Even does video pretty well (as well as can be expected on a 2.4" screen). Photos look wonderful on it, supports album art (in external JPG, not in ID3), USB Mass Storage Class, supports WMA and FLAC (among others). Screen protector pre-applied. My only complaint : no removable battery, somewhat slow startup, no Audible support.

I saw a Meizu store in SLS the last time I was there. I bought mine in Beijing last year.

ipod classic user here.
used to have a sony(48 hours batt life anyone?)

heh, the best thing about the ipod imo is lossless, ease of use and the fact that its very reliable. havent had any problems. itunes is good as well. as compared to sony''s sonicstage which is frankly....a nightmare.

but still...ipod lineout with ext amp ftw;p

Status
Not open for further replies.