Which ARGB Monitor are You guys using?

DSolZ

Mar 6, 2010
Hi all, I am in the market to get a new monitor, probably a near 100% ARGB monitor.

I actually pulled the trigger on a 27inch Benq SW2700PT 99% argb Monitor 3 weeks ago. The monitor is great in terms of features and I manage to get it at a really good price. Average Delta E at center is less then 1. But sadly, the monitor is plague with uniformity issue. Luminance variation across the screen (which isn't really too bad, 1-8% compared to center)and white balance variation (which again wasnt too bad -80 to +40 (absolute difference of 120) compare to center) but what kills the deal is actually magenta tint at both left and right side of the panel this together with luminance and white balance fall off causes Delta E at left and right side to be in the range of 2.5-6.

The second replacement set has white balance difference compare to center to be from +100 to -250 (absolute difference of about 350!!) This is totally unacceptable. Luminance variation across screen is 5-10%.

So end up I returned the set.

So question is what other screens should I get? The obvious choice are of course the Eizo and NEC screens which is really expensive. Are there any other screens which have better quality control then Benq and in the price range of 800 - 1500? Dell U2716D seems to be worst off then the Benq panels.

I just need a 27 Inch screen. I am fine with a 32 inch screen as well but that also means the panel likely will be plague with more uniformity issue. I do not need a 4k screen, QHD is more then good enough for my purpose.

I'm using the NEC PA272W for my image processing. Figured to just get a good panel and be done with it. Definitely worth the price, no problems with colour accuracy or screen uniformity. I calibrate it periodically with an i1Display Pro, which can write directly to the monitor's hardware LUT.

I'm using the NEC PA272W for my image processing. Figured to just get a good panel and be done with it. Definitely worth the price, no problems with colour accuracy or screen uniformity. I calibrate it periodically with an i1Display Pro, which can write directly to the monitor's hardware LUT.

Ming sharing where you get your set? I am seriously considering

Ming sharing where you get your set? I am seriously considering

Got mine from Atlas Electronics, a local distributor. They will deliver it to your place.

I used to have a HP z24 Dreamcolour display because I could get it at staff price. While the monitor had great colour accuracy, the backlight wasn't too even. Nevertheless, it was still rather alright for image processing, though the inbuilt colour profiles are probably better suited for video work. Their 4K one looks good in any case, might get that in the future but the NEC should last for quite a while.

Got a brand new eizo CG277 (literally used 2 days only) to let go.

PM me

Got mine from Atlas Electronics, a local distributor. They will deliver it to your place.

I used to have a HP z24 Dreamcolour display because I could get it at staff price. While the monitor had great colour accuracy, the backlight wasn't too even. Nevertheless, it was still rather alright for image processing, though the inbuilt colour profiles are probably better suited for video work. Their 4K one looks good in any case, might get that in the future but the NEC should last for quite a while.

Ic ic I was checking out the dream color also. I guess it is hard to get even white balance and luminance without uniformity compensation. But usually these uniformity compensation is on default monitor profile and could not be applied to custom user profile except for nec and eizo screens. I guess they are expensive for a reason.

Talked to a friend who do QA for au optronics which provide these screens for dell and benq etc. he told me their uniformity QA is just a single number for the whole panel .. delta e is measure at centered ...so even if side has tint or off in terms of uniformity or color or temperature ..it is consider pass QA.

Even if the Benq panel has some QA issues, their sales rep, Darren is a very nice chap. He goes all the way to help as much as he could. Maybe I am just unluck to get a less then acceptable panel.

I guess this is where Eizo and NEC shine as in they do they own QA and reject panels that failed.

Last edited: