which 28mm for M8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paisatge

Jun 9, 2006
Barcelona, Spain
Looking for a 28mm focal length lens to go with M8. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Looking for a 28mm focal length lens to go with M8. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Hi,

The 28 'Cron is an excellent lens. I bought this after acquiring the M8. But if you do not need the f2.0 speed, the Elmarit-Asph version is also an outstanding lens. If budget is limited, have a look at the 4th version of the 28mm Elmarit, non-Asph but capable of very good result.

N.S. Ng

i'm not sure i'd agree with the rest of the posters. Having shot the cron and elmarit for a while last year, i'd go for the elmarit unless u absolutely need to shoot at F2. In terms of sharpness and color rendition, i'd favor the elmarit.

The Garry Winogrand lens - LTM canon 28/2.8.

Thanks for the input.

Just got back from window shopping. The price difference between the Elmarit and Summicron is about 1k € here. What's it like in Singapore?

And at the same time, the shop dealer has a Canon 50mm f0.95 in his warehouse. I asked him to reserve it for me for viewing next week. :bigeyes:

... the Elmarit-Asph version is also an outstanding lens. If budget is limited, have a look at the 4th version of the 28mm Elmarit, non-Asph but capable of very good result.
i think that the 2h price for the elmarit asph and IV are about the same. but agree that either elmarit are good lenses, and so are the biogon and the ultron. of course, you can almost not go wrong with the summicron, other than it being more expensive... think the price difference is roughly 2k (or double) between a new summicron and an elmarit.

Status
Not open for further replies.