Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Bomber Cheese Fries!!

MacDonalds for French Fries
KFC for Chicken
BK for Onion Rings
MOS Burger for Rice Burgers
Long Johns for Fish
A&W for Curly Fries and Waffles (available only in Malaysia since the local A&W ceased operation early this year)

zha said:
YOur Avatar.... :lovegrin:

NOT you right? :D
na. not me and not taken by me also... can click my sig for more pics i collected. :D

Many food are now processed , made, or fried in man-made sysnthetic oils like the "Partially Hydrogenated Soya Bean Oil"

All that that have something like the bold words should be avoided. In the US, they are clasifed as Trans-Fat. Non-natural fats that our body just cant get rid of. SO it gets stuck in parts of the body...causing blockages....

http://www.bantransfats.com/abouttf.htm

In the US, its now compulsory for foods processed or contain these trans fat to be CLEARLY stated....!!!

Too bad out fries and chips locally sold may not have these ingredients properly stated. Usually Vegetable oil or soya bean oil etc.....the "Partially Hydrogenated " section of the name may have been omitted....

Still can remember one thing i saw at one of the Fast food restaurant here in SGP....before they close the store, they load a big "Square Block" of FAT!!!! into the fryer....i think its for the next day use.......it must surely be high density....else it would not have been in a block form!!!!

rgds,
sh

for fries . . . thumbs up for Brewerkzz .

fries r golden brown , n larger than ur finger . . .

hi hi . very nice , should try . . .

I haven't had any good fries here in Singapore but whenever I'm in California... it's always at In n Out Burger which I find the tastiest, freshest fries anywhere around.

They are freshly prepared in the store. I've seen the staff wash the potatoes and stick em through the slicer and straight into the fryer. That's impressive considering the volume of food they prepare at the fast food chain.

They are just the right thickness (without being too thick) and taste wonderfully fresh.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

LOL...no one like KFC fries at all?

sulhan said:
.....Still can remember one thing i saw at one of the Fast food restaurant here in SGP....before they close the store, they load a big "Square Block" of FAT!!!! into the fryer....i think its for the next day use.......it must surely be high density....else it would not have been in a block form!!!!

rgds,
sh
Thats block of fat was sliced off my body, I am now a lean 55 KG!!

Hong Sien

next time when you at mac, order fries with no salt, not only its more healthier, its definatly fresher and more crispy.: )

try fries with vinegar?

lovells19 said:
next time when you at mac, order fries with no salt, not only its more healthier, its definatly fresher and more crispy.: )

try fries with vinegar?

They take orders for fries with no salt?? :think:

ericp said:
Many states in Australia also have Red Rooster, a fast food joint that serves barbeque chicken with a nice herb stuffing. Their fries also taste like they have something added, probably a bit of chicken stock in the salt. Very nice.
Go to Cold Storage or any of the more 'Ang Mo' types of grocery store and look for an item around the salt shelf called 'Chicken Salt'. That's what these stores in Australia use.

For the more adventurous, you can try this recipe I found on the net:

McDonald's® Famous French Fries

Special Tools

Deep fryer
French Fry Cutter (or patience for cutting potatoes)

Ingredients:

2 large Idaho russett potatoes
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
1½-2 cups hot water
6 cups Crisco® shortening
1/4 cup beef lard (or save the fat from previously cooked burgers)
salt

Preparing your french fries

Peel the potatoes. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, and hot water. Make sure the sugar is dissolved. Using a french fry slicer, cut the peeled potatoes into shoestrings. The potatoes should be 1/4" x 1/4" in thickness, and about 4" to 6" long. (You can do this with a knife, but it is alot of work).

Place the shoestringed potatoes into the bowl of sugar-water, and refrigerate. Let them soak about 30 minutes.

While they're soaking, pack the shortening into the deep fryer. Crank up the temperature to "full". The shortening has to pre-heat for a very long time. It will eventually liquify. After it has liquified and is at least 375°, drain the potatoes and dump them into the fryer. (be careful, it will be ferocious)

After 1 to 1½ minutes, remove the potatoes and place them on a paper towel lined plate. Let them cool 8 to 10 minutes in the refrigerator.

While they're cooling, add the lard or beef drippings to the hot Crisco®. Again, crank the temperature to full. Stir in the lard as it melts into the oil. It will blend in.

After the deep fryer is reheated to 375°-400°, add the potatoes and deep fry again. This time for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remove and place in a large bowl.

Sprinkle generously with salt, then "toss" the fries to mix the salt evenly. ( I suggest about 1 teaspoon of salt, maybe slightly more)

Serve hot, serve immediately, and enjoy! Depending upon the size of the potatoes, this recipe make about 2 medium sized fries.

forward said:
Frying Food is not only dangerous to our health, it is also the initiation of cancer, heart disease including premature ageing.

....So it is better not to be ignornant, else.....
it is too late when you want to eat more raw food or drink wheat grass juice and green tea. :sweat:

http://www.thefooddoctor.com/thebook/frame.htm?/thebook/cooking3.htm

Now that you've mentioned....

hmm.. all these food that we are consuming now are the ones that lead to all those modern diseases which was never heard of 10-20 yrs back.

Got to go moderate on the non-healthy stuffs I guess.

Outback Steak House :thumbsup:

forward said:
Frying Food is not only dangerous to our health, it is also the initiation of cancer, heart disease including premature ageing.

We may not know that antioxidants are damaged by the high temperatures involve in frying, stir-frying, microwaving, roasting and barbecuing.

Even the smoke from frying foods are just as dangerous as
dangerous as the risk of getting lunch and throat cancer are very high. So it is better not to be ignornant, else.....
it is too late when you want to eat more raw food or drink wheat grass juice and green tea. :sweat:

http://www.thefooddoctor.com/thebook/frame.htm?/thebook/cooking3.htm

Scary news you've got there but I will still eat or fry food in moderation. Don't want to feel like a cow chewing on grass on the time :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.