Where to buy LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also went and shopped ard for today but didn't get the price that is said here. Dunno why....Maybe beacause of my face? haha.
Would it be cheaper if more than 1 person buy? We would get a better bargain chip. Maybe can gather all those who wanna buy 1st.

I also went and shopped ard for today but didn't get the price that is said here. Dunno why....Maybe beacause of my face? haha.
Would it be cheaper if more than 1 person buy? We would get a better bargain chip. Maybe can gather all those who wanna buy 1st.

Which shop did you went to?

When to funan. Ask Alan photo, which quoted me 689 for the std pack with no freebies. And other shop is even more higher price.

When to funan. Ask Alan photo, which quoted me 689 for the std pack with no freebies. And other shop is even more higher price.

Just curious, why don't you wait for the new firmware is release for the LX3 before purchasing it? So that you do not need to go thru the trouble of updating the firmware yourself?

http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/panasonic_lx3_firmware_update_11/

Hmmm, dec 15th the new firmware is out. That means it will take ard 1 week to have the new shipment of LX3 with new firmware to arrive in SG?

Hmmm, dec 15th the new firmware is out. That means it will take ard 1 week to have the new shipment of LX3 with new firmware to arrive in SG?

Maybe just a question to yourself, are you rushing to buy it this year to take in a special event/holiday? If yes, buy now... If no, why not wait till next year? High chance the price of LX3 would drop in time, grab it then... :D

Maybe just a question to yourself, are you rushing to buy it this year to take in a special event/holiday? If yes, buy now... If no, why not wait till next year? High chance the price of LX3 would drop in time, grab it then... :D

frankly, I wont think the drop in price will be significant unless its a whole year later or when LX3 is abt to discontinue and newer model coming out. Just look at Canon G9...even thou G10 is out, some places like courts still selling at $899. Get it early and start enjoying the charms of this little powerful shooter :heart:

Hmmmm, not very rush but I have wanting to get a camera since my old camera died on me like a year ago......So kinda rush to get one and the LX3 seems to appeal to me! Maybe can go to the Paris Silk since another user just said that he got his LX3 there.

Who wants to buy?

frankly, I wont think the drop in price will be significant unless its a whole year later or when LX3 is abt to discontinue and newer model coming out. Just look at Canon G9...even thou G10 is out, some places like courts still selling at $899. Get it early and start enjoying the charms of this little powerful shooter :heart:

I agree that the price drop (if any) would not be very significant for the near future. However as with most camera the price would drop or dis-continue. Look at the current price of the 40D now after the launch of 50D, alot of CSers are selling their 40D to fund their new 50D / 5DM2. Personally I think the LX3 have the potential of replacing the "F31fd" as the "low-noise" standard for PnS. :thumbsup:

As for the prices in the mega store (eg: courts), the price would unlikely to go down due to the SRP from the hardware manufacturer & inventory cost. That's why you hardly see a camera in mega store that is selling cheaper (exclude some useless free gifts) than the "well-known" camera stores. Remember Sitex 2008? How much was the 5DM2 selling there & how much is it selling a week later..... big different... :(

I just called up Lucky Store at Holland Village and the stocks have just arrived. The price remains the same. $688 (CASH) with 4gb card, lx-3 case, mini tripod and scn protector. Think can call then at 64621700 and look for Danny. Thinking to get one more for my bro who is in UK now. tempting....

Florence, MS colour called to inform LX3 stock arrived.

Does anyone knows what is the newest deal for the new batch of LX3? Thanks alot.

Hmmmm, not very rush but I have wanting to get a camera since my old camera died on me like a year ago......So kinda rush to get one and the LX3 seems to appeal to me! Maybe can go to the Paris Silk since another user just said that he got his LX3 there.

Who wants to buy?

Gosh...we're in the same boat. Me also considering to buy the LX3, but MS Color e-quoted me yesterday, the set+standard freebies = $699...I tink they jacked up e price...sianz...

did they? i was quoted 699 with freebies a few wks ago as well.. florence just called me as well :p

did they? i was quoted 699 with freebies a few wks ago as well.. florence just called me as well :p

Anyway doesn't matter...my target is all freebies for $680. That's good enough for me(lower, is of course more welcomed). Oh and...hopefully with new firmware...

I just called up Lucky Store at Holland Village and the stocks have just arrived. The price remains the same. $688 (CASH) with 4gb card, lx-3 case, mini tripod and scn protector. Think can call then at 64621700 and look for Danny. Thinking to get one more for my bro who is in UK now. tempting....

Anyway doesn't matter...my target is all freebies for $680. That's good enough for me(lower, is of course more welcomed). Oh and...hopefully with new firmware...

Hmmmm, wonder if Lucky Store is a better choice.

hmmmm....Oh the freebie include a battery. But at Ang Mo kio..... a little far. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.