Where to buy cheaper mirrorless camera ? FUJI & SONY?

iCorn

Apr 24, 2019
Hi I would like to know if any of you here knows where do sell mirrorless camera at cheaper rates compared to retail price ? I am thinking whether to get Fuji X-T20 or Sony A6400 with lens (18-55) included . Purchasing wise probably will be around July .

So if anyone knows any seller or website selling quality solid camera at affordable price please do comment below and at the same time this post will also be useful for other people for review .

1 more question if you have experiences on these 2 cameras please don’t hesitate to let me know which one should I get ? I am totally new and my purpose is for random shoot during my yearly travel . Let me know their pros and cons which can be compared . True there are review on YouTube but it’s better for people that experience on hand can review straightforward for us .

Thank you’

Hi, welcome to cs. Cheap is relative n I'm a cheapy myself.Prices in sg vary a few dollars give or take.It may be cheaper online but do consider warranty issues if buying online as someone said if you don't get at least 20% cheaper then it's not worth it and there may be hidden charges like credit card and gst to think about.

With the price thing out of the way let's talk camera hardware or geek/ nerd stuff..may be boring but you must know! Photography is an expensive hobby and to be very honest you could just be happy with a huawei mate20 pro phone camera with it's leica lenses yes it has 3 but although it's sensor is rated 40 mp the tiny sensor is no match for the 2 cameras you asked about.Sure if you just want to share your memories in social media it's just as good for the small images but I think you want something better..let's say from a purely photographic viewpoint like rendering or making the image like a photo..yes this is very subjective again!

Now I personally do not own the 2 cameras in question but I have 2 fuji's with the xtrans sensor but note fuji does have cameras using the standard bayer sensor like the xa series and the xt100. I also have 3 m43 and a apsc dslr too with bayer sensor.

Truth be told if you read online bayer sensor takes less processing time in the jpeg image processor chip and therefore performs much faster relative to xtrans sensor.This only matters if you are a geek and there's talk of which is "superior" but if you are a newbie you will be clueless also.

Since you said you are a random user only when going on yearly holidays I'm wondering whether it's practical to buy fuji or sony but I realise young people have money to spend.

XT20 is older at 24mp because xt30 is already out with 26mp and 4th. Generation xtrans fuji sensor although reviews mention minor difference from last gen. That said sony a6400 is new but with 24mp. Sensor. People will say both CAN do what it is designed for but this is a nice and diplomatic way of staying on the fence and safe like saying the sky is blue but is it relevant and meaningful to you as a newbie?

As a review of a6400 said although it has advanced autofocus and other bells and whistles it is still old style when it comes to user interface meaning you have to dig into pages of menu to find and set the functions/controls you want.Of course that can be said of fuji and they both have wheels and buttons for most used controls like iso and shutter speed but sony's are located at the back so must take your eye off viewfinder but I don't know what the wheel does.

Xt20 controls are like vintage film camera where the important functions have their dedicated knobs all easily accessable allowing a newbie to adjust without digging into menu like a pc. A quick and intuitive method only availabe in professional cameras.It let's you concentrate on making your photo. People can argue..can use auto or program modes with just pressing shutter button and camera handles everthing needed for you to make photo but to be honest that's NOT what or why you want to but a camera for?

All said and done please read the reviews, videos are fine but reading let's you think more carefully about each model and more although some skeptics think reviews are paid advertisments which is true but then again how else to know other than spending money or asking for advice here,such is life?

My last suggestion..you are the boss right? Is to buy used equipment and to be honest you can save more money if you buy a used m43 like olympus epl7 or 8..smaller sensor but very known photographic image quality but it has no viewfinder or evf..for that look at em5 or 10.It is also small and compact but still it depends on your own preference regarding whether it fits ergonomically in your hands.
Hope this helps. :)