Where to buy cheap lights for light tent?

red_ryder

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Can get from Sim Lim Tower? Any other suggestions?

You don't want cheap lights, you want CFL. IKEA has them, it's the non-LED series. Check that you get the daylight temperature type (> 5,000K), not the warm series.

You don't want cheap lights, you want CFL. IKEA has them, it's the non-LED series. Check that you get the daylight temperature type (> 5,000K), not the warm series.

I was hoping to buy small table top lamps like in this photo. $564484569.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

Ikea ones tend to be big, and my table top is quite small. Furthermore I'm not doing professional shoots, just want to shoot my model kits for fun. I already have a light tent but now need some lights.

Last edited:
These are tiny spot lights. Larger light sources are easier to diffuse, which helps to avoid shadows.

Thanks for the tip, but I have space constraints as my work table at home is really small. I can live with the shadows, but don't know where to find the small lights in Singapore.

Get 2 small table light stands with silver shades and CFL bulbs, cheap and adjustable :)

Get 2 small table light stands with silver shades and CFL bulbs, cheap and adjustable :)

Where to get the table light stand and CFL bulbs? Electrical shop like Best Denki? Cathay Photo?

Last edited: