Where got good photo opportunities at KTM Rail line

if you know where king albert park is, there's an entrance there that you can take.. but.. it's going to be crowded with people no matter where you go. so don't think you'll be able to get anything other than random people vs the background. :D unless you're shooting macro there.. maybe you can see some crickets! :D

Any specific location of the entrance? Planning to go there this sat.

gohjialong said:
Any specific location of the entrance? Planning to go there this sat.

From kap, walk towards Blackmore drive. Before you reach the first condo you should see a grassy slope with a sign indicating it the ktm tracks. :)

bonrya said:
From kap, walk towards Blackmore drive. Before you reach the first condo you should see a grassy slope with a sign indicating it the ktm tracks. :)

Thx, omw there now actually. Wish me luck!

bonrya said:

Thanks! I found the entrance/exit at Blackmore which was right beside the bukit timah station. A lot of people there though so I ended up with quite a number of portrait shots instead haha. Walked all the way to rail mall. Met some romantic, funny and weird pple on the way. Had a very good experience. Might be bringing my friends there on sat.

Anyway guys, any idea when is the last day for civilians to trek on the railway track? Some say today some say tomorrow some say end of month. I'm really confused and don't know who to listen to. Any reliable info on that?

Today is the last for most of the track. Just came back from there. Managed to cover until Sungei Kadut crossing. Only the 3km stretch between Rail Mall and Rifle Range Road will closed by end of this month. I expect to see even more people in that stretch now.

haiya, 26 km leh.. no way the track will be blocked completely. Just mark all the possible entrance. go in snap and get out lah...
it not like u are going to steal the track,bots or nuts or granite stones!!...

Take a look out for heavy vehicle..Dun endanger yourself..All track not persevere will be gone..Include the track, railway traffic sign and Traffic pole and i think some bridge will also be remove.

The deadline to return all KTM property is end of this year so technically there's 4.5 months left but knowing Singapore's efficiency... ;p
Meanwhile I won't be surprise if they put up CCTVs, especially along the bridges and signal poles.

CamInit said:
Today is the last for most of the track. Just came back from there. Managed to cover until Sungei Kadut crossing. Only the 3km stretch between Rail Mall and Rifle Range Road will closed by end of this month. I expect to see even more people in that stretch now.

Which means other than this 3pm stretch, we can't step foot on other part of the track?

Which means other than this 3pm stretch, we can't step foot on other part of the track?

by right, yes... but you know, Army's 8th core value... :bsmilie: ;)

Sure you can. Since there is hardly any money at stake here the efforts to protect old scrap metal should be quite limited. Go and explore and have a few good excuses up the sleeve if somebody is asking silly questions.

Thanks guys, cos I only managed to finish from rail mall to holland road so thinking of exploring the rest since I've never done it when it was still open.

by right, yes... but you know, Army's 8th core value... :bsmilie: ;)

Er.....what is Army's 8th core value???

Do what u wan .but just don't get caught:) the 8th core