Where got good deal for dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno: :dunno:

Artosoft said:
The humidizer unit is a peltier device, semiconductor that will be hot and cold on each side when given DC power. The cold side of peltier will condense 'water in air' inside the DryCab, and sponge will bring it outside, and use the hot side of peltier to evaporate the water. Sponge also act as an air seal, so only water can go through, but not air. Clever :thumbsup: !

When the DryCab's door open, the humidity inside DryBox is as your room's humidity. Your DryCab's humidizer unit will work hard, but will not bring down the humidity inside the DryCab to the preferred level. It works for nothing!

The amount of water condensed from air will increase and peltier's hot side is not enough to evaporate it. Thus, water will leakage. Create another problem like rust.

Same thing happen if the door's seal or humidizier unit's seal (or the glass/acrylic panel) is damage.

If the door is open only for a short while, it is ok. But for long time...? I hope my theory is make sense :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

I am just using an example not saying that both works the same way.
BTW why would you want to open the door for a whole day ??. :dunno:
Most would open take whatever you want out and close the door, sometimes open longer sometimes open shorter but it does not matter.

Artosoft said:
The Refrigerator is different. It need motor to create pressure so the cooler liquid can release the heat. Motor should not on or off frequently, since it need much power to start rotate.

Also, the refrigerator purpose is to create 'cold', while DryCab purpose is to create 'lower/preferred Humidity'. 'Cold' can stay when you open the refrigerator's door, but how about the 'lower humidity'?

Beside, if you open refrigerator for say 1 day, you might as well turn it off ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

Dennis said:
I am just using an example not saying that both works the same way.
BTW why would you want to open the door for a whole day ??. :dunno:
Most would open take whatever you want out and close the door, sometimes open longer sometimes open shorter but it does not matter.
Errr...,

In refrigerator or DryCab?

Ok, in refrigerator, when you cleaning inside refrigerator maybe :( .

In DryCab, when you want to arrange your lenses and cameras for best view from outside :confused: . At least 10 minutes, and I prefer to turn it off. Turn on again when you close the door.

Regards,
Arto.

Dennis said:
:dunno: :dunno:
Errr....,

Maybe a good analogy is:
Q: Did you turn off air-cond every time you open the door?
A: No, but I did turn off air-cond if I open the door for a long time.

Hmmm :think: . The pro series should have this door switch function. Imagine, full power to bring faster humidity down, yet the door is open... :sweat: .

Never mind lah, it is just my IMHO. You won't notice the different.

Regards,
Arto.

ok. just received the price of two cabis. was quite shocked at the price. kind of high.

AD-120
$371.00

AD-100
$252.00

hard to believe how much the DHC would cost.

ouch, so expensive ah??
then i think i better get HD series le... cheaper cheaper :(
now promotion 40L only 99!

Zaknafein said:
ouch, so expensive ah??
then i think i better get HD series le... cheaper cheaper :(
now promotion 40L only 99!
Get the DHC... get the DHC...

bro zak, i am using dig-cabi HD-30. i bought for $99. its holds 2 slr bodies, 5 lens, 1 flash unit and 1 PnS. i would say value for money. u can ignore those "good" advices by other members. they simply have too much $$ to spare.

hd also uses the semiconductor crystals right? and also, is your 30L able to hold approx two 70-200 2.8? from previous advice, i think they reccomend me 100L, but looking at that price.....................................

satay16 said:
hd also uses the semiconductor crystals right? and also, is your 30L able to hold approx two 70-200 2.8? from previous advice, i think they reccomend me 100L, but looking at that price.....................................

i put my 80-200 tokina standing upright in the cabinet. np at all. unless u r buying more lens esp big ones, if not the 30L will do just fine. just saw today in ST that a 40L is going for $99. gd buy.

vbs1979 said:
bro zak, i am using dig-cabi HD-30. i bought for $99. its holds 2 slr bodies, 5 lens, 1 flash unit and 1 PnS. i would say value for money. u can ignore those "good" advices by other members. they simply have too much $$ to spare.

hmm, do u have any/much problems with the humidity setting? some say that it is tedius and hard to set the humidity level :dunno:
do u have to play around with the setting once in a while?:dunno:
maybe i should heed ur advice. but i was thinking of getting the HD-60 1, since free delivery lol.
maybe if got space, my mum wants to put her ooooold casette tapes. zzzzzz.
issit adviceable? to put other non-photographic items in the same cabinet? will fungus spread?

satay16 said:
ok. just received the price of two cabis. was quite shocked at the price. kind of high.

AD-120
$371.00

AD-100
$252.00

hard to believe how much the DHC would cost.
Which store got this prices? Just called some stores and got the next prices...

AD-080 = $280 (TK) $208 (Carrefour) $280 (Lords)
AD-120 = $390 (TK)
AD-160 = $485 (TK)

Your equipment fits easy on a AD-080...

rack 1 -> 3 slr bodies, 2 compact cams
rack 2 -> 70-200 2.8 & 50-500 (bigma) & 4 med-size lens(about 25-30cmtall)
rack 3 -> 2 flashes & 20 zip disks + 2 zip drives

if you plan it better, then a AD-060 will fit too... but the 80 gives you more space left over for new lenses in the future...

but why using big drycabinets? if you open the door then all air will go out & the cabinet has to refresh the entire cabinet... waste of energy and more risk... I use several smaller drycabinets (80 liters) and organised my equipment into the drycabinets that I have only to open 1 door to take my equipment out... the other doors remain closed... and 2 AD-080 at carrefour are cheaper then one big 160 at TK...

Zaknafein said:
ohhh, ic.... thanks.
if need to use dry cell batt then very mafan le lol

no worry la, the dry cell is just to operate the meter not the dehumidifer. my guess is that it will take more than 3mths to drain the dry cell.

got a AD-080 from carrefour, so far so good tho only used <1/2 yr. :bsmilie:
yes like what Scratje said, AD-080 is better. 1st you will have more space for future lens, and 2nd you don have to pull out the tray to retrieve item (might have pull out for AD-060 if too many stuffs inside).

for level of accuracy i don there theres a need to be so accurate. a few rH% off doesn't mean fugus will grow on ur lens. :sticktong. if accurate is so important, manufactor or camera magazine will not state 45-55% liao. they will be stating something like 50% SHARP, no more or less!

iirc carrefour offer free delivery for digi cab that is more than S$100, 5yrs warranty as provided by any other seller as well. so just grab 1 from that at a much lower price than most sellers (but i think they only got the AD series at suntec)

well, i dun think i need that much space, hopefully!
im just thinking where i should place my dry cabinet now b4 i buy it...

FYI,

Just bought a HDC 40 from TK.
from what James told me,

HDC 40:$208
HDC 80:$230++
HDC 100:$280-$290++

James also called n confirmed that the company WILL provide free delivery even for the 40L.
based from what he said,whichever series u also is about the same.

I got my 40 @ the discount rate cos i got my 18-200mm from him too.any1 buying the lens better hurry cos he got 1 left @ $1250.2 more shops called me but quoted me $1270 n $1290.

y not go down n check it out.he gave me good advise/service :)

syc77 said:
FYI,

Just bought a HDC 40 from TK.
from what James told me,

HDC 40:$208
HDC 80:$230++
HDC 100:$280-$290++

James also called n confirmed that the company WILL provide free delivery even for the 40L.
based from what he said,whichever series u also is about the same.

I got my 40 @ the discount rate cos i got my 18-200mm from him too.any1 buying the lens better hurry cos he got 1 left @ $1250.2 more shops called me but quoted me $1270 n $1290.

y not go down n check it out.he gave me good advise/service :)

??????????????????????????????????
so the HDC is cheaper than the AD?

i guess the ans is yes based on the info from Scratje,u n me..
i think it's wiser to go down n check it out urself sia.

1 question.
it makes no diff if the dry cabinet is placed in the air con room 24/7??

syc77 said:
i guess the ans is yes based on the info from Scratje,u n me..
i think it's wiser to go down n check it out urself sia.

1 question.
it makes no diff if the dry cabinet is placed in the air con room 24/7??

As longas you dont keep opening the cabient the de-humidifier wont need to work so hard. I have the 30L digital one in my room and it works fine and stabalised at about 45-47...

Status
Not open for further replies.