Where do Professional Photographers come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand the business of photography first.

Pro photographer may look glamour on the outside but that is not always the case. There is a lots of different between shooting what you want and shooting what your clients want. Do some research, how many pro wanabe come and go, how much do they get paid ....... If you do not like making cold call for job, like being turn down again and again, chasing after payment, get pay after a year or two. Forget about becoming a photographer, get yourself a job and shoot as a hobby. Trust me, you will enjoy photography more this way.

TRUE! Its a very competitive industry

yup, so much myths about this career... It's kinda thought I can do shoots in my own timing, but ended up doing shoots at the convenience of clients... Shooting what I want was never the case, more like shooting what is briefed(even if the images sucks and ends up on my book)

What's nice is that in a job of a working photographer, i see people all the time, and jobs are never really repeated.. On a good day, you see nice people loaning you locations without any cost... good models, stylists and crew all trying to complete a job with full satisfaction, on a bad day, you see people.. the side of people getting greedy for all sort of things, almost whimsically greedy, and the sad fact that it's a dog eat dog world out there... and people who spreads malicious rumour, things you don't even know you did...yeah it's true... why? so that they beat you to a quotation... People who take jobs from your clientele right without feeling a sense of guilt... People you trained, who shoots under your nose and takes the click off my camera and later and call it their portfolio....sigh...

Whichever the case, the photographer's job is still a job I wanna be in even if I was handed a rebirth... my only wish is that I will get to meet less cunning people...:bsmilie: Life is short, play hard...

PBS

Senior assistants (1st assistant, usually full-time) roughly between S$1,500 to S$2,200.
Full-time junior assistants (2nd and 3rd assistants) between S$900 to S$1,400.
Payment for freelancers varies between S$10 to S$100 per hour. Most photographers I know prefer to pay their freelancers by day rate.

I got paid for a AD wedding for $10,,, connnnedddddddddddd

i agree wat u say, the market is getting bigger n bigger
I think you mean to say the market is getting more saturated, ie. more photographers after the same number of jobs... if market is getting bigger, that means there are more jobs and more opportunities for photographers...

Status
Not open for further replies.