Where can i get safety cable?

CALVINTEO

Apr 1, 2014
SINGAPORE
As per title, where to get stainless steel safety cable with carabiner attached?

thank you!

Please share a bit about the intended usage. A safety cable to prevent office equipment 'walking away' is a different thing than a safety cable used for mountain climbing.

Please share a bit about the intended usage. A safety cable to prevent office equipment 'walking away' is a different thing than a safety cable used for mountain climbing.

safety cable to hold on to camera. Be it gopro or dslr.:)
$16240443565_f1c6dcf67b_o.jpg

wow.. thanks lot do see some cable similar to what I looking for. tried to google before but none link me to Singapore website.

wow.. thanks lot do see some cable similar to what I looking for. tried to google before but none link me to Singapore website.

Kelantan Lane there has a few, and there are many hardware stores in Jalan Besar areas you also can find this, but all these are unfinished products, means you need to buy the steel cable, steel cable seals, carabiner individually and assemble it yourself.

if you are looking for finished products, try those Ang Moh Hardware stores like Homefix.

These are for industrial uses and may be a bit large and heavy for cameras.
Visit a fishing tackle shop and ask for readymade wire leaders (classified by poundage strength) and with additional purchase of snaps, can easily assemble one at low cost. Usually sold in set of 6, so you have spares

$Untitled.jpg

thank you everybody. I got it custom made from lian hup seng at Kelantan road.

What's the cost?

depends on the thickness and length required price may vary. I took 5mm thickness 50cm length with carabiner $15. if you want cheaper there a shop there sell ready made $6 but problem is they no sure how heavy their cable can hold. I rather pay premium for full control of cable brand, thickness and length at least I know my cable can hold 45KG which is more than I required.

Last edited: